Anyone use multiple pedal boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone use multiple pedal boards?

I use a Pedaltrain Nano for my bass or gig pedals.

I have a Pedaltrain1 that holds a good chunk of the remainder, but they are all static and it is my 'pedal buffet'.
    I take what I will need for a session or gig and use it on the floor or Nano, and put it back when done.

I gave up on the idea of a permanently wired board years ago. It's a pipe dream for me as I change the configuration too often.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I have three!

One- consists of the boss gt10. This i take when i need a lot of control & variety of options all in one neat package.

Two- consists of delay, od, phaser.

Three- is an extenstion of the second that contains flanger/chorus, tremolo & another od.

I run all of them into the amp input, i eventually got tired of the cables going back and forth. The extension board gets used rarely, in most cases i pick one out of the bunch & just carry that pedal. The wah isn't on any board & ends up being on the floor if i carry it along. Oh & these boards were made by me using a plywood piece cut to fit, so its all diy

Comment

I have a number of boards. I have daisy chained two for a brief test, but I ended up with one medium (8 pedals) and a number of 3 pedal, boards. I've gravitated to the "Less is More" mindset. In fact, currently (subject to and likely to change) I'm using a CUBE GX40 that produces all of the sounds I feel I need for the current band's song list of covers. AND, it only weighs 20#!

Comment

Yep I have a "home board" and a "gig/studio" board. My home board also is designed to run through a clean amp since what I have at home is a Princeton; and I get my overdrive through the pedals. This comes in handy for gigs where there's already a backline since you can count on a clean sound. It's awesome to go to a gig with nothing to worry about but a small pedalboard and a guitar!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
            I like your idea. If the stage has room for it, it could work well. Might want to think of a way to add a tier, rather than take up more floor space.

I have used two boards several times, one for my acoustic and then my regular board. Both are Furman. The big pedal on that board is an MXR 10-band EQ; I needed it to get a better sound out of my Taylor 710CE, but since I got my Martin DC AURA and the HD-28E Retro I haven't needed to use it. The Martins sound so much better than the Taylor, and I haven't needed the direct box, chorus or the delay for the gigs I've done lately.

If I'm going to a jam, I got the distortions covered with the Mesa amps, but I do take a bag with a wah and a DD-3 and I might use one or the other, or nothing at all. I try to keep things to a minimum at a jam.

I have a lot of pedals, and I could do a second board with essentially the same effects, to use with differnt amps. The Mark IV and V use serial, fooswitchable loops; the Maverick and the DC-3 use a parallel loop. So, I could preset the delays and stuff for each type of loop. Hmmmm....

For guys that use a lot of pedals and effects, it can quickly get complicated. I understand why so many touring pros go with the switching systems like the Bradshaw or the AXE-FX.

This is a great question, and one that's got me thinking.

Bill
            Adding tiers adds bulk and weight. Yeah, if stage space is an issue... My thing is I had this massive box/board and only used some pedals sometimes, so it was over kill on my back and just plain overkill..
            I'm glad to hear others may gain something with this.. Keep me posted if this sparks a change for you or...

And to address Funkfingers.. Yeah, the second board or "color" board is just effects and that one would go through the loop, whereas board one with the overdrives, wah and such, would go to the front. If I was a big shot player, I could have that one back stage and my tech could do the switching... But....
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X