Boss RV-6 anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss RV-6 anyone??

Anyone try this pedal yet? Seems to be Boss' attempt at the Verbzilla. Sound clips sound good but they haven't been out long enough to have much info about.

Thanks
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Re: Boss RV-6 anyone??

I had one, in fact on the same level as RF-1 reflector, which is cheaper. May be without special options like shimmer, but if you're looking for some spring reverb, plate or another classic one, go Marshall. Digitech Hard Wire series reverb also do the job, imo better sound quality (not that cold).
    Need of FUZZ ?
    Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

RV-3 FTW
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I loved it. By far the best reverb they've released yet. It seems to me that Boss is making a solid effort (as many companies are) to do the Strymon 'thing' and this one does it best. I was on a reverb search recently and I tried most of the big name brand ones (Digitech Polara and their Supernatural ambient one, the older Boss pedals, and some Line 6 gear) and this one was by far the best. Good enough that I didn't even consider saving up another few weeks and getting a Strymon - It was certainly less configurable than the Big Sky and was missing a few of the niche sounds, but the sounds on the RV-6 are on par with it otherwise.

Genuinely super impressed by this pedal. I think czarokrates might be thinking of a different/older model because this is a totally new breed from Boss.

I saw a good review of it on tonereport too: http://tonereport.com/reviews/boss-rv-6-reverb
        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
          I loved it. By far the best reverb they've released yet. It seems to me that Boss is making a solid effort (as many companies are) to do the Strymon 'thing' and this one does it best. I was on a reverb search recently and I tried most of the big name brand ones (Digitech Polara and their Supernatural ambient one, the older Boss pedals, and some Line 6 gear) and this one was by far the best. Good enough that I didn't even consider saving up another few weeks and getting a Strymon - It was certainly less configurable than the Big Sky and was missing a few of the niche sounds, but the sounds on the RV-6 are on par with it otherwise.

Genuinely super impressed by this pedal. I think czarokrates might be thinking of a different/older model because this is a totally new breed from Boss.

I saw a good review of it on tonereport too: http://tonereport.com/reviews/boss-rv-6-reverb
          That's the kind of review I was looking for. Thank you. I want it even more now!
          -Greg

Guitars:
          2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
          2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
          2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
          Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I haven't tried one yet but I checked out some videos on youtube before settling on an RV5. Having said that, I don't like how the RV6 decays and favored the modulate mode on the RV5. I'd like to give an RV6 a go to confirm my conclusion but from the clips I've heard and peoples comparison of it's Strymonish sound (never cared for Strymon Reverb) I am pretty certain it won't be my cup of tea.
            Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 10-18-2015, 01:35 PM.
            Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
            Roland Cube 60
            Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
            BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
            LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
            Mogami Cables
            Mooer Candy Toppers
            Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
            Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Working...
            X