OD808 TS7/9 OR SD-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OD808 TS7/9 OR SD-1?

Yeah I did more research on all the mods and they're cool but not really the application I'm looking to use it for.

Comment

MXR Badass OD, I have had it on my board for 3 years now. It will dial into any amp well..
      I love that OD! I use it on my Blue channel of my 5150iii as a solo boost with my gain on the amp low..

Comment

If you sat down and compared all of these, you would walk away with a clear preference.

If you just bought one of them on a whim, you'd be happy with whatever decision you made.

Comment

And I'm going to ask….why are we boosting a 5150 anyway?
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            And I'm going to ask….why are we boosting a 5150 anyway?
            Cause a 5150 is buzzy and sloppy without it. The tone shaping from the pedal helps you get razor tight chugs out of it.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Yeah, there's no question the 5150 already has enough gain on tap on its own, and can be set pretty tight, but a TS-type boost adds its own color that really takes it further into contemporary sharp tight chunk chunk territory. It's not really about adding more gain, really, its about the color an overdrive pedal adds.
              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-31-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Seymour Duncan 805. It has a 3-band eq

Comment

Working...
                X