NPD – Line 6 POD Pro Rack Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPD – Line 6 POD Pro Rack Mount

I'm not sure how the signal chain flow works on the Pro, but on the XT, I remember I got a very interesting tone by running a clean amp model (I liked the AC-30), bypassing the cab simulation, and then adding the compressor squashing pretty hard (around -20dB threshold) AFTER the amp sim, and then I seasoned it with a hint of the delay+mod model thingy, a hint of reverb, and/or a hint of subtle chorus. Somehow I got TONS of sparkle and chime that I did not get with any of the cab sims engaged. That tone killed for sparkly, pristine, hi-fi modern clean arpeggiated chords.

Comment

I have a POD HD 500 that I play through a Vox amp. I like the distortion patches that I've made and I find that you can use some of the blocks the exact same way you would use the pedals. Like I just beefed up my main distortion patch with a Tube screamer with the level all the way up and the gain all the way down. Sounds killer.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
        I'm not sure how the signal chain flow works on the Pro, but on the XT, I remember I got a very interesting tone by running a clean amp model (I liked the AC-30), bypassing the cab simulation, and then adding the compressor squashing pretty hard (around -20dB threshold) AFTER the amp sim, and then I seasoned it with a hint of the delay+mod model thingy, a hint of reverb, and/or a hint of subtle chorus. Somehow I got TONS of sparkle and chime that I did not get with any of the cab sims engaged. That tone killed for sparkly, pristine, hi-fi modern clean arpeggiated chords.
        Hmm, I don't know if the old POD can allow for something like that. But that sounds awesome! To me, the cleans are very sterile, sound good but don't have that chime that my Hot Rod Deluxe gets.

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
        I have a POD HD 500 that I play through a Vox amp. I like the distortion patches that I've made and I find that you can use some of the blocks the exact same way you would use the pedals. Like I just beefed up my main distortion patch with a Tube screamer with the level all the way up and the gain all the way down. Sounds killer.
        Sweet dude! I think the distortion is the best thing the POD offers, IMO.

Comment

I like their soldano & JCM800 (and sometimes rectifier) sounds. There's like one clean one I like. The rest are mostly distant and useless but the soldano works for most rock/metal stuff well. I never did a side-by-side, but I generally like the sounds outta my gsp better.

Comment

For gain I mainly use the Marshall JMP1 in my photo.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              I like their soldano & JCM800 (and sometimes rectifier) sounds. There's like one clean one I like. The rest are mostly distant and useless but the soldano works for most rock/metal stuff well. I never did a side-by-side, but I generally like the sounds outta my gsp better.
              I used the Rectifier the most when I was using my POD 2.0, with this Rack Mount I've found I like the Line 6 amps (Crunch, Drive and Insane.)

Is that the Digitech GSP?

I had the Berhinger Vamp before and thought it had a better clean sound that the POD, IMO.

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
              For gain I mainly use the Marshall JMP1 in my photo.
              Ha! I can understand that! For gain I love my Suhr Riot and Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Is that the Digitech GSP?

I had the Berhinger Vamp before and thought it had a better clean sound that the POD, IMO.
                yes, digitech. like the line 6 stuff, there's a fair amount of settings that are kind of useless, but a few jems too.

I've heard some good direct recordings with the behringer; almost bought one a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                  yes, digitech. like the line 6 stuff, there's a fair amount of settings that are kind of useless, but a few jems too.

I've heard some good direct recordings with the behringer; almost bought one a couple of times.
                  My first processor ever was a Digitech, can't remember the name but it was a metalic blue/teal color. Had some great sounds on it! And yeah, the Berhinger stuff is just like all of the other Processors on the market, mix of usable and non-usable tones.

Comment

Working...
                  X