Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More powerful alternative to pedaltrain volto

So i found this:
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for XTPower Mp-10000 External Battery Pack With 10000mah Using Dual USB 5v and DC 9v at the best online prices at eBay!

which has a capacity of 10,000 mah which is 5x larger than the 2,000 provided in the pedaltrain.
    It is a little thicker, but still fits under my board and it only has 1 9v out rather than the 2 with the volto.
    The volto comes with adapters to power 5 pedals, but visual sound and others sell cheap 8 way daisy chains.
    At the moment, i cant see a reason not to choose this over a volto.
    Am i missing something here, electronic experts?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: More powerful alternative to pedaltrain volto

Its 10000mAh at 3.7V, thats the actual battery capacity & voltage. Its actual capacity is probably about 2A at 9V outlet. Should be higher on the usb outs at 5V, not sure why they mentioned it lower at 2.1A.

I have dealt with the battery psu idea before, made one using NiMH cells but the charging need started getting old after awhile & went to a different design using 12v dc input(either a battery pack or smps adapter) being filtered then divided over number of regulators then filtered & passed on to each individual outlet per regulator. Ended up being quieter than daisy chain even though each outlet is not being transformer isolated.

Comment

Working...
    X