need help for my seymour duncan twin tube mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for my seymour duncan twin tube mayhem

hi there! I have a twin tube mayhem which I haven't use for a long time, and when I plug it in (new 16volts psu) few weeks ago, no LEd light, the tube have no light also and no distortion effect. what could possibly happens and how to fix it? your responds is highly appreciate.

Re: need help for my seymour duncan twin tube mayhem

Basically, you take it to a qualified tech and let them service it. These pedals use a 240-volt transformer, wired backwards, to achieve a true internal high voltage. It's not the kind of thing you want to be poking around in if you don't know what you're doing.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks ArtieToo!

Comment

Yeah, there are some seriously high voltages in there, so unless you know what you are doing, let someone else do it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Call me for what we call an "RMA#", to keep track of it in transit. We can repair it hopefully. Those are now collector's items. It's important to only use the factory power adapter too. Boomer @ X1002.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a thread going in the trading post for guitar effect pedal repair. I could look at it for you. Send me a PM if you would like more information.

Comment

I don't know Seymour Duncan tech support here in Canada that can fix this pedal of mine, any recommendation?

Comment

Have you tried to call Boomer yet? Call M-F 8-5 PST 805 964-9610 extension 1002. He will get you an RMA # to send it in.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Are these really collectors items now? We've got a NOS one at my shop and I've always dug the way it sounds. Hope you can get yours fixed! The guys at Duncan fixed an old Shape Shifter we had in our store no problem, so they can fix yours I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X