No announcement yet.

Clean Boost vs Overdrive into chrunch channel? let me know your experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clean Boost vs Overdrive into chrunch channel? let me know your experiences

I prefer my lead sound to be thick and on the verge of too muddy. I like low gain OD that doesn't cut bass.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
      I prefer my lead sound to be thick and on the verge of too muddy. I like low gain OD that doesn't cut bass.
      If I played any more lead than I do, I'd probably end up going this route. But I can't stand too much low end in my rhythm tone.

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
        You are absolutely right, that is something I learned from watching that video and also did more specific searches and demos and most of the trick is properly combining equipments with complementary EQs. Guitar+Pedal+Amp each one either a lot of mids can be too much, the opposite may not be pleasant too. I heard this demo where a fuzz into a clean fender sounded too bad then a TS was better to me, then same pedas into strong mids amp was the opposite imho.

So having a lot of EQ tweakbility on each clean boost or overdrive pedal sounds like a good way to try make them to work on different kinds of amps.
        Yep, That Pedal Show did it as well, great episode.

GearJonser has been preaching the gospel of matching drive to Amp for a while, and that episode really makes it hit home.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          You are absolutely right, that is something I learned from watching that video and also did more specific searches and demos and most of the trick is properly combining equipments with complementary EQs. Guitar+Pedal+Amp each one either a lot of mids can be too much, the opposite may not be pleasant too. I heard this demo where a fuzz into a clean fender sounded too bad then a TS was better to me, then same pedas into strong mids amp was the opposite imho.

So having a lot of EQ tweakbility on each clean boost or overdrive pedal sounds like a good way to try make them to work on different kinds of amps.
          It makes a huge difference. I've never had a pedal sound worse than a muff into a recto. Same pedal sounds great through other amps, even when using the same guitar and what feels like a similar EQ profile on the amp

Comment

Working...
          X