Anyone using a TC Dreamscape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a TC Dreamscape?

Hi ...Wondering if this pedal is really good. Compared to say an Eventide multifx like the H9? I like the TC Corona but it might be nice to have flange etc in the same space. Any other multi mod pedals that might be good for occasional use? I am not hugely into chorus flange phaser but like them for clean arpeggiation etc now and then. Mostly just curious and curiouser. thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone using a TC Dreamscape?

I think forum bro guitarsquirrel is using one

Comment

Originally posted by johnthomas View Post
      Hi ...Wondering if this pedal is really good. Compared to say an Eventide multifx like the H9? I like the TC Corona but it might be nice to have flange etc in the same space. Any other multi mod pedals that might be good for occasional use? I am not hugely into chorus flange phaser but like them for clean arpeggiation etc now and then. Mostly just curious and curiouser. thanks

Yes, i have one and absolutely love it. It has TCs toneprint that i have come to find that even though it is the Dreamscape, it seems to work with the toneprints for the Corona, The Shaker vibrato, and The Vortex flanger as well. IMO, its a great all around pedal and worth every penny. Get One lol.

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
      I think forum bro guitarsquirrel is using one
      Did I hear my name called?.......lol
      sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
        Yes, i have one and absolutely love it. It has TCs toneprint that i have come to find that even though it is the Dreamscape, it seems to work with the toneprints for the Corona, The Shaker vibrato, and The Vortex flanger as well. IMO, its a great all around pedal and worth every penny. Get One lol.

Apologies for not capitalizing the tree rat part

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          Apologies for not capitalizing the tree rat part
          Ill let it slide this time only lol

Comment

Thanks guitarSQUIRELL,
            I especially like that the TonePrints for all 3 TC individual pedals work on the Dreamscape. I will pick one up ASAP. For $499 the Eventide H9 really only adds the multitap delay and shimmerverb presets to the mod sounds that are on the dreamscape...not to mention requiring special power (or provided wall wart) just to run. I will eventually buy an H9 for recording but will leave it off my pedal board.

Comment

Thanks guitarSQUIRELL,
              I especially like that the TonePrints for all 3 TC individual pedals work on the Dreamscape. I will pick one up ASAP. For $499 the Eventide H9 really only adds the multitap delay and shimmerverb presets to the mod sounds that are on the dreamscape...not to mention requiring special power (or provided wall wart) just to run. I will eventually buy an H9 for recording but will leave it off my pedal board.

And yes, I do know the H9 has other pitchshift presets etc but the are not my idea of useable presets though I hope to be pleasantly surprised by at least a few of them. Just saying that for me, the H9 only adds two more definitely useable preset types.

Comment

Thanks guitarSQUIRELL,

Welcome, for $169.00 (Musicians Friend), its the best multi modulation effects in a single pedal I have come across IMO

Comment

Welcome, for $169.00 (Musicians Friend), its the best multi modulation effects in a single pedal I have come across IMO
                  I will agree with that. I also own one. Mainly use the flange and chorus. Chorus on this pedal is one of the few that actually works well overdriven. I've owned multiple chorus from boss to mxr to voodoo lab, etc, hands down this pedal rocks.
                  Originally posted by grumptruck
                  No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                  Originally posted by Gear Used
                  PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

Comment

I think that I could do a sample and post it on soundcloud and put the link up here if you would like. It would take a while since im not at home until later on, but I can try and see if I can do something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                      I will agree with that. I also own one. Mainly use the flange and chorus. Chorus on this pedal is one of the few that actually works well overdriven. I've owned multiple chorus from boss to mxr to voodoo lab, etc, hands down this pedal rocks.
                      Very true. The chorus is a really great sounding, subtle effect on this pedal when dialed in. Im like you, I find that the Flanger effect is more useful in my style of playing. ( It is just enough to give the sound of a really deep, wet chorus effect set on the bright mode with the 3- way selector switch.)

Comment

I think that I could do a sample and post it on soundcloud and put the link up here if you would like. It would take a while since im not at home until later on, but I can try and see if I can do something with it.
                        Thanks for the offer. I have listened on youtube to what was there and pretty much was sold on this pedal when I learned that the toneprints for the 3 individual pedals all work with the dreamscape...I'd love to hear what you like to play but no pressure as far as convincing me that the pedal is good. Thanks

Comment

I do know that when you receive the pedal, you will have to update the firmware on it from TCs website. Very simple process. I had to on mine. I play mainly worship music at my home church and just piddle around some at home with other styles when I feel like it ha. I can try to give you some clean samples soon hopefully.

Comment

I do know that when you receive the pedal, you will have to update the firmware on it from TCs website. Very simple process. I had to on mine. I play mainly worship music at my home church and just piddle around some at home with other styles when I feel like it ha. I can try to give you some clean samples soon hopefully.
                            Hi again guitarSQUIRELL,
                            Thanks for the heads up about the firmware. I used to be a Nemesys beta tester as well as a sample developer in the bad old days of Gigastudio, so a little update won't upset me much. Jim Van Buskirk, who created Gigasampler etc is a genius developer but he had a few assistants who made Nemesys products notoriously glitchy. End result = Kontakt is now the leading software platform. I did meet the main guy for TC Electronics at the NAMM show back then and have always liked his stuff. Anyone who can create a box that allows a solo singer to do House On Seven Bridges Road live with 5part harmony has got his act fully in gear.

Comment

if john petrucci put his name on it its probably pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X