Clear All

• Hendrix Multi-Effects Pedal???!!!

This is too cool!!!

Re: Hendrix Multi-Effects Pedal???!!!

Comment

Hendrix? Pedal? Multi FX?

Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Not the same

Comment

I had that Digitech Hendrix pedal, I regret getting rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Not the same
            No it isn't the same. It's BETTER than the Keeley.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

2 different animals, the Digitech has amp sims in it, the Keeley is analog effects. The Digitech looks cool too, I haven't tried either on, the Keeley just came out today. But I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Looks pretty cool. I forgot abut the trem on Burning of the Midnight Lamp.

Other Jimi Multieffects included the Prescription Electronics Experience, and my personal favorite, the Foxrox Captain Coconut.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Looks and sounds great, but the burning of the midnight question......how much??

I kind of wish I'd kept my Fulltone Octafuzz II. They have that nice fuzzy steel drum thing going on.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    No it isn't the same. It's BETTER than the Keeley.
                    Agreed that the Digitech sounds a bit more like Jimi Hendrix than the Keeley. That said, I think neither one captures much of the Hendrix sound in any meaningful way. The Keeley has some originality to it that I would appreciate more if they just called their device a Paisley Throwback or some other 60's evocative name...it sounds nothing like Hendrix but is kinda kewl...The Digitech sounds like what a 14 year old thinks Hendrix sounded like before the 14 year old developed ears to hear what was actually happening in Hendrix's music. In other words, someone with better chops than the player in the demo could concievably play Hendrix using the Digitech. I have heard Hendrix played believably live by Robin Trower and local guys on the beach in San Diego at the Kraken..sounding like Hendrix is apparently an attitude as much as it is ANY device...There is a nice demo of the Tech 21 Fly Rig doing Little Wing on youtube that is imo better than either of these two pedals that I only mention because it is better and yet still lacking the fire that made Jimi Hendrix unique. Sorry, guys, this was a long day. If you like a pedal, go for it. Rant out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                      I had that Digitech Hendrix pedal, I regret getting rid of it

I recently picked up one of the Digitechs, pretty versatile pedal, they pop up for sale once in a while. Really does a lot.
                      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Wow, didn't mean for this to be a controversial thread, should have called it cool new Keeley pedal or something, but I guess the name and association would still have this effect (pun intended).

The Digitech is cool, it is a digital recreation of the whole signal chain from effects to amps to studio reverb to create an all in one pedal to get Jimi's sound direct or thru a clean amp. The Keeley is a collection of Hendrix style effects, although with some modern updates, in a single box. It relies more on feeding a good amp for tones as well as other stuff in the signal chain.

FTR, I may pick up one of the Digitechs if I find a good deal.

As far as the demos go, it all depends on who can do the best Hendrix impersonation as to which one will sound the most convincing.
                        Last edited by devastone; 03-04-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Keeley Monterey

You guys seen the new Keeley Monterey?? Hendrix Fuzz and Vibe in one pedal.. Pricey, yet cool

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Re: Keeley Monterey

i have a keeley blacktop fuzz that uses the same transistors and its really nice, nice and warm for a silicon fuzz. betcha that pedal sounds sweet

Comment

Re: Keeley Monterey

Saw it yesterday - https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...Effects-Pedal-!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X