Bogner La Grange... WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner La Grange... WOW!

I've owned a lot of OD pedals over the years. Thus far, my favorite for Plexi style tones has been the Carl Martin Plexitone (V1).

But my buddy clued me into this pedal last night. He's got some on order for his shop and I intend to be giving one a serious test drive when it shows. I've been eyeing the Friedman Buxom Betty as a pedal platform down the road, and I'm thinking that this pedal would just kill into that amp. Sounds so alive and amp-like.

P.S. Great to see Reinhold getting more and more into old school plexi tones these days. I've owned a Shiva (EL34) and XTC (Classic), as well as having long-term possession of an XTC 101B and Uberschall Twin Jet. All were holy grail amps, But all were very Bogner-flavored. There's nothing wrong with that, but older guys like me are always seeking-out the classic brown sounds, and ya gotta go plexi style for those. I knew he had that in him, so it's great that he's been exploring more of that these past couple of years.

Last edited by Red_Label; 04-21-2016, 08:07 AM.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Re: Bogner La Grange... WOW!

I'll be checking that one out as soon as it hits the UK.... Very cool.

Comment

I've been wanting to check one of these out since NAMM 2015. Good to see they are finally releasing it! Looks like it's a killer OD! Also waiting on the Friedman BE OD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        I've been wanting to check one of these out since NAMM 2015. Good to see they are finally releasing it! Looks like it's a killer OD! Also waiting on the Friedman BE OD.
        You and me both!

I'm glad Reinhold is still out there, kicking A$$ and taking names. My first real love in amps was a Shiva. I lusted after one for a good TEN years before I was able to get one. I've moved through a bunch of holy grail amps since (starting with an XTC that replaced the Shiva), but I will always fondly remember my love affair with the Shiva.
        "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
          You and me both!

I'm glad Reinhold is still out there, kicking A$$ and taking names. My first real love in amps was a Shiva. I lusted after one for a good TEN years before I was able to get one. I've moved through a bunch of holy grail amps since (starting with an XTC that replaced the Shiva), but I will always fondly remember my love affair with the Shiva.
          Bogner certainly makes quality stuff! Sounds like you may need a reunion with a Shiva! I'd like to get my hands on a Helios.

Comment

I'm eyeballing a new/used Helios 100W, trying to figure out what I can sell to fund it. Yes I have a disease, but dammit I want it!

I'll definitely be checking out the La Grange. $250, by the way.
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 04-21-2016, 02:48 PM.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
              I'm eyeballing a new/used Helios 100W, trying to figure out what I can sell to fund it. Yes I have a disease, but dammit I want it!

I'll definitely be checking out the La Grange. $250, by the way.

I was pondering parting with one of my Tom Andersons to get a Helios last week. But having the Friedman stuff already.... there's no way the Helios does the hotrod-plexi any better than the Friedman. Probably just a slightly different shade of the same thing. So I talked myself out of that.

Comment

Bogner certainly makes quality stuff! Sounds like you may need a reunion with a Shiva! I'd like to get my hands on a Helios.

Indeed! I'm sure I'll have another Shiva. The used prices on them have been very reasonable. Wouldn't mind picking-up a 2x12 combo instead of a head this time though. Put it in a wheeled road case and keep it there.

Comment

I was pondering parting with one of my Tom Andersons to get a Helios last week. But having the Friedman stuff already.... there's no way the Helios does the hotrod-plexi any better than the Friedman. Probably just a slightly different shade of the same thing. So I talked myself out of that.
                  Yeah the Friedman stuff is terrific! My QuickRod will have to suffice for a while. I'm gassing in so many different directions that if I went near a flame I'd explode!

Comment

Thats gotta be 1 of the best Plexi in a Box descriptions I have ever heard. Not certain what the deal is if you already have an an original Plexi amp- like a replica or like my real close to exact '69 circuit 1973 marshall 100 watt Superlead..I would think i could get anything boosted/ browned out that I want dynamically ( touch sensitivity/sag) from just my cranked Superlead and my original marshall Bluesbreaker ,Guv'nor or Shredmaster?

I think my Traynor Bassmaster would absolutely be perfect for this pedal though (basically a Cleaner and tighter Bassman/Plexi circuit due to the massive transformers that do not saturate as much) for a perfect pedal platform.
                    Last edited by MetalManiac; 04-21-2016, 04:49 PM.
                    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Yeah the Friedman stuff is terrific! My QuickRod will have to suffice for a while. I'm gassing in so many different directions that if I went near a flame I'd explode!
                      Hey man.... if the only amp I had was my Quickrod... I'd be happy as a clam. It's not quite the Friedman.... but it's plenty *****in in it's own right.

Comment

Bogner La Grange... WOW!

Thus far, my favorite for Plexi style tones has been the Carl Martin Plexitone (V1).
                        +1

Looking forward to the review. I've seen the pedal. $250 seems like a reasonable price considering the cost of an actual head.

P.S. Don't get me started on the Helios GAS. I'm also looking out for one that I'll have no choice, but to jump on. It's my dream amp at the moment.
                        Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 04-21-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Sheeeeeeit now there's another Bogner pedal I have to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                            Sheeeeeeit now there's another Bogner pedal I have to buy.

What did you say? I can't hear you on account of that GIF in your sig being so AWESOME.

Comment

What did you say? I can't hear you on account of that GIF in your sig being so AWESOME.
                              Now there's another boobner-I mean, Bogner pedal I have to buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X