banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truetone (former Visual Sound) H2O V3 Liquid Chorus/Echo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truetone (former Visual Sound) H2O V3 Liquid Chorus/Echo ?

Any one using this chorus/delay pedal out there? How does it sound? Is it reliable or breaks soon? I have found the sound in the demos very interesting (none to try in stores around however) and costs less than two separate analog chorus and delay pedals with same features.

I have to say since day one I had no effects at all except for Wha as I have played mostly overdrive and high gain, my clean effects where always tremolo and vibrato using the volume and floating bridge in the guitar and never found any interest for FX until a couple of years I really got into playing some clean EJ like stuff and got myself into a self-learning journey for jazz tones chords and I have found (after trying Calf LV2 plugins in Ubuntu Studio) that echo/chorus is like the minimal set of effects I really like for an effective big sound on the clean channel.

Thanks in advance.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Truetone (former Visual Sound) H2O V3 Liquid Chorus/Echo ?

Can't speak for that specific pedal, but I have the V2 version and love it.

Not sure what other features it has, but typical V3 features include the ability to switch the order of the 2 effects and even insert other effects in between. True bypass vs buffered is a selectable option too if I recall correctly.

Comment

This is a good demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HIkWRjT25o

and two more videos - Premier Guitar and Kingman

To read the written review, visit: http://bit.ly/VisualSoundH2OreviewThe guys at Visual Sound have built some pretty cool dual-mode pedals in their time, the...

Global: http://truetone.comAustralia: EGM Distribution* - http://www.egm.net.auhttps://reverb.com/marketplace?query=truetone+v3+jekyll+hyde+route+66+vs-xo+h2...

I can duplicate all of the H20 sounds on these videos.

Yes, this is a dependable pedal. Have had the V2 for a bunch of years and have had no problems with it.

When the V3 came out, the store owner showed it to me and said give it a test drive and it came home with me. The V3 just sounds better than the V2 and the newer features made it a must buy.

One difference on the V3 that I really like is the detune switch on the chorus side. Set the width to 0 or almost 0 and turn the detune switch on, now the chorus gives one repeat or so and acts like a doubler. The delay side will do an effective job as a doubler also which frees the chorus to be a chorus.

And don't overlook the little pot marked Chor-Vib. It gives chorus, a blend of both, or a vibrato. The vibrato seems to removes the clean signal entirely. When it is in the middle somewhere, it seems to almost give a phaser like effect, at least to my untrained ears.

I use the H20 with all three of my amps. Some times as a doubler or as a longer delay and / or chorus pedal.

Gotta mention:
      Started off with a Jekyll and Hyde and found myself using the distortion side turned low and booting it with the OD side. Was talking to the store owner explained that I needed slightly less crunch that the distortion side. He suggested I try the VS-XO. Why, I didn't like any of the videos, and he suggested I give it a try . After a few minutes of playing, I agreed to take it home. After a trial run, I got rid of the Jekyll and Hyde. This is a nice pedal. Both sides are voiced differently. No noise worth mentioning. There is some smooth OD tones here and some serious crunch tones in this pedal. It works well with my amps.

Yeah, I know this isn't a great sales job, its late and I gotta get up early tomorrow.
      Attached Files
      That is not dead which can eternal lie,
      And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
        Yes, this is a dependable pedal. Have had the V2 for a bunch of years and have had no problems with it.
        Yeah, I know this isn't a great sales job, its late and I gotta get up early tomorrow.
        Well, their customer support sucks already, I have sent a couple of questions regarding their power source which seems to have enough power for my ss-20 preamp and further pedals but they just don't reply. That is a shame and really makes me think it twice before buying something, preaching they have lifetime warranty is useless if they cannot reply a simple question. I may still try to get this pedal however because all reviews for it are great.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Ok, I need to take my last comment back, they had actually already responded and their e-mail was there among a load of marketing e-mail I need to unsubscribe Actually they grabbed an actual AMT SS-20 and tested it with their 1 Spot Pro CS7, unfortunately their conclusion was the 12VDC has not enough power to feed the AMT SS-20, it is not just a pedal but a real tube based preamp so I guess it was already out of the scope of any power supply out there. So in the end their customer support is actually pretty damn good!!!
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

That amt ss20 doesn't have the exact current draw listed on the product page but considering it needs a 12V 1250mA power adaptor supply, the cs7 could power it if the rest of your pedals are below a total of 500mA draw(the total cs7 can supply is 1900mA, actually a little more but lets consider a safety margin headroom of free 150mA) i doubt the amt pedal even draws the full 1.25A from the psu.

The cs7 is different from the standard pp2+, in that each outlet even though marked for a limited draw max, can still draw provide more. Considering the pic on the truetone website, looks like there are multiple voltage regulators in there, i wonder what each one is rated for max, if its 1A(1000mA) each then maybe it won't power the ss20 if it draws more than that, plus it would heat up the regulator a alot too. Anyways that pedal would be better run on its own adapter supply imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
              That amt ss20 doesn't have the exact current draw listed on the product page but considering it needs a 12V 1250mA power adaptor supply, the cs7 could power it if the rest of your pedals are below a total of 500mA draw(the total cs7 can supply is 1900mA, actually a little more but lets consider a safety margin headroom of free 150mA) i doubt the amt pedal even draws the full 1.25A from the psu.

The cs7 is different from the standard pp2+, in that each outlet even though marked for a limited draw max, can still draw provide more. Considering the pic on the truetone website, looks like there are multiple voltage regulators in there, i wonder what each one is rated for max, if its 1A(1000mA) each then maybe it won't power the ss20 if it draws more than that, plus it would heat up the regulator a alot too. Anyways that pedal would be better run on its own adapter supply imo.
              They said the tested the SS-20 with their power brick thru 12 VDC, could not handle the load . Anyways they managed to turn my opinion into a good experience, i also just talked over the phone for questions about the H2O life time warranty so forget about all my previous complaning.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Glad to hear they didn't drop the ball. From my own experience they are usually pretty fantastic to deal with. I asked a few times about how to fix an issue I had with my Son of Hyde. They remembered dealing with me from 6 months prior and straight up offered a replacement. Since I was in a pretty bad spot employment wise at the time they didn't even make me send back the old pedal. I got the new one in a couple if weeks and it's never given me a problem in 3 years now.

Comment

Working...
                X