NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

Fulltone Deja Vibe 2. Technically the Pitchblack is new as well, but tuners really aren't all that interesting.

I've actually had it for about a month, but just got around to taking pics. I've wanted a Deja 2 since I had a chance to play around with one at a friend's shop several years ago, but the $200 price tag was a bit much at the time. I first noticed this one at Tree Strings in Red Wing, MN (which is run by our own BrianS) a few months ago and shot him a lowball offer that he promptly refused. It continued to haunt me and after longcat told me to "shut up and buy it already" I offered him $150 for it.

This one doesn't have a volume control on the side, but I find it's set roughly to unity which is where I'd want it anyway. It also took a few days to really learn to use it, but I'm definitely a vibe fan now. I don't understand the Mini Deja 2 that you can't turn off without moving the treadle. I really like being able to set it toward the top of the speed range, leaving it there, and toggling on and off. My only real complaint is needing to use an AC outlet, but my Pedal Power 2 has that covered.
    Last edited by dystrust; 04-29-2016, 09:13 PM.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Re: NPD

Cool! Any comparisons to other Vibe pedals?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Cool! Any comparisons to other Vibe pedals?
      I really haven't played any other vibes lately. I remember liking it better than a Voodoo Vibe back when I first tried one though.
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Nice. I'd like to hear one of these some day.

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
        Technically the Pitchblack is new as well, but tuners really aren't all that interesting.
        Actually, I find tuner reviews to be of some value. There's a plethora of them out there at wide ranging price points. I love to hear the good and bad that people think about them. I invite you to add a review.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          Nice. I'd like to hear one of these some day.

Actually, I find tuner reviews to be of some value. There's a plethora of them out there at wide ranging price points. I love to hear the good and bad that people think about them. I invite you to add a review.
          Pitchblacks are my new go-to tuner; I'd like to have one on all of my boards eventually. It seems accurate without it affecting the tracking, and it tracks guitar and bass equally well. Last of all, it has a large, well-lit display that's easy to see on a dark stage (in theory). I haven't gigged with one yet, but it's far easier to use than my old Korg DT-2 & GT-3. It also has a daisy-chain out, but I prefer to use a dedicated power supply. My main board has a Pedal Power 2 Plus.

Comment

Working...
          X