Clear All

• two wahs

hi,guys
    posted some weeks back about choosing a wah pedal,
    with help from you guys, i have got
    my choice down to two pedals,

dunlop 535Q

fulltone clyde deluxe

from the above two, which would you guys pick????
    do any of these wahs have noise problems???

thanks for you time,
    bluesfloyd,

Re: two wahs

Those two are different from each other, different sweep & tone. I would try getting my hands over both at a store & decide or if that's not possible then check some clips paying attention to the sweep.

Between those two though i like the deluxe more, just personal preference. I don't remember noise issues with either of them.

Comment

What do you mean by "noiseproblems"?
      All wah's are prone to get alot of interference if their is something close to it that radiates an electric field.

Comment

The Fulltone is true bypass while the 535Q is not, so it will suck tone in bypass.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          The Fulltone is true bypass while the 535Q is not, so it will suck tone in bypass.

Dunlop keeps changing the specs on their models. Current 535Q's may be true bypass now. GCB-95's have red fasels now, which happened with the circuit board last revision.

My picks for an adjustable wah would be Black Cat Mona, Fulltone Deluxe, MC404, BBE, and 535Q.
          Last edited by blueman335; 05-18-2016, 08:53 PM.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Yeah - but if your tone already sucks…
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

535Q
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                Duncan...
                Who?

I'd really encourage you try them out, you'll have a preference....
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm a hardcore believer in the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. But it's a bit more Vox-ish in vibe than Cry Baby. That's my gig. It might not be yours. The Fulltone also has a fuzz-friendly buffer which is fantastic for working with a Fuzz Face to get some Hendrix tones.

Comment

hi, guys
                    if my choice was a Fulltone Deluxe, or teese RMC3FL, what would you guys pick and why?

big thanks for your time,
                    bluesfloyd.

Comment

I really, really like my Teese RMC3, but I'm Gassing for a Clyde Deluxe too. Between these two, ask yourself if you want to dial in every wah parameter under the sun, or just a couple and trust Mike Fuller that he chose a few really good settings for the rest.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        Between these two, ask yourself if you want to dial in every wah parameter under the sun, or just a couple and trust Mike Fuller that he chose a few really good settings for the rest.

It's not quite that simple, just as buying a PU isn't a guarantee that you'll get the exact same tone as a sound clip. A wah's tone will vary with the tone fed into it: HB vs single coil, hot wind vs vintage, bright wood vs warm wood, amp/tubes/speakers, etc. All these combinations aren't all going to produce an identical wah sound, which is one reason adjustable wahs have become popular.
                        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                          It's not quite that simple, just as buying a PU isn't a guarantee that you'll get the exact same tone as a sound clip. A wah's tone will vary with the tone fed into it: HB vs single coil, hot wind vs vintage, bright wood vs warm wood, amp/tubes/speakers, etc. All these combinations aren't all going to produce an identical wah sound, which is one reason adjustable wahs have become popular.
                          Correct, but the Clyde Deluxe gives a little more adjustability than a standard, non-adjustable one. The 535Q, MC404, Dime and RMC2 off more parameters to adjust and the RMC3 allows the user to adjust just about every resistor in the circuit along with and extremely fine tune of the sweep cap. If you're a tweaker, it's the ultimate, if you just want some adjustability it can be overwhelming.

To the OP, there's not a bad wah you're thinking about, they are just all different.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            Yeah - but if your tone already sucks…
                            Ouch! Those words sting like a leather glove slapped across the jaw. Lol

Comment

Working...
                            X