In accessories they have the daisy chain cable for $5
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Re: Best way to power pedals?

Fancy...
      You guys can do what you like.
      No sense forcing someone to evolve to a more professional level if they are afraid of heights.
      When you get noise and hum you can always get a noise gate to try and hide it.
      "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
      You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

I like my Voodoo Lab ISO 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I've used a 1 spot on tons of gigs for like 10 years. No problems. I always check what kind of power the pedal needs. I have actually not bought certain pedals because of their funky power needs.

But really...4 pedals (even if you expand), home use...a 1 Spot. No need for any fancy isolated or regulated power supplies in that setup.
          Do you mean Line 6?
          Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by baritone View Post
            Do you mean Line 6?
            My Line 6 DL4 can be powered with a One Spot (with Line 6 tail), and my M9 can be powered with a Godlyke Power-All (with Line 6 tail). I hate the giant Line 6 adapters.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have used a power all kit for YEARS (2 lol I am only 18, so please forgive me), and it didn't fail and it wasn't really noisy at all, but now I use a Voodoo Labs ISO 5, but if you are on a budget I say the Power All kit is fantastic as it also comes with adapters for other odd 9v inputs!
              Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

here on Amazon
                https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QHO7T7K...I1HRJ1HJ6PDL5M
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I've been using the Visual Sound (Truetone) One Spot Pro, but those are over your budget. So, I'd agree with the others. I'd go with the One Spot and one of the daisy chain adapters. I think they have a 5 plug daisy chain. Or, maybe the Fulltone 9 volt supply if my pedals all had low current requirements and I wasn't going to be adding many more pedals and/or any current hungry pedals. It only outputs 200mA (it's a regulated, linear supply). You still have to daisy chain.

Comment

I'll second (or third, fourth, ...) the OneSpot for your needs, just get the combo pack and it will have all the adapters you need. It is a digital switching power supply, so it has noise, but the noise is way above hearing range, and probably above the frequency response of the pedals, so it doesn't come through, and what does you can't hear. The new Boss PSA is also a digital switcher, as are most newer supplies, but the Boss only supplies 500mA while the OneSpot supplies 1700mA, so for roughly the same price I'd definitely go with the OneSpot. I've been using one for years with no issues.

The old style Boss Power Supplies, and many of the other cheaper/older ones had a small transformer in them to step down the line AC voltage ~10X, then used a couple of diodes to rectify it to DC. They had a cap across the output of the diodes to filter out the AC ripple, but they didn't do a great job so there was some hum associated with them.

For a truly isolated power brick, you have to look for one that plugs straight into the wall, usually with an IEC power cord like your computer uses. There are lots of cheap power bricks with "isolated" outputs on amazon, ebay, etc..., but all of the cheap ones I've seen use a wall wart to power the brick. If it uses a wall wart to power the brick, the outputs aren't truly isolated, they have a shared ground, so they aren't going to be any better than just using a OneSpot and a daisy chain.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Good point.
                      Surprisingly a Furman and other power conditioners that can run master source, for an entire rig can be less than a $100 bucks and a solid investment in stable voltage and noise filtered power.
                      I have run my whole rig branched off the Furman for ages. Haven't heard or smelled a ground loop hum in ages. Depends on ones pedals and their mixes as many can use a daisy chain thing and have no problems, once you get problems you will want to beat that thing with a hammer.
                      "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                      You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

Working...
                      X