New Old Pedal Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Pedal Day

I was at BrianS's shop in Red Wing, MN last weekend to pick up a couple guitars he worked on when I saw this sitting in the case:

The serial dates to March '85 and it's really clean with the original box and all of the paperwork. For $100 I really couldn't say 'no'. Sound-wise it's identical to my long chip DD-3 as I'd expected, but now I no longer have to pick between the long and short delay sounds I like.
    Last edited by dystrust; 06-26-2016, 10:52 AM. Reason: Hookt ahn phonix werkt fur mi!
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Re: New Old Pedal Day

I love the styling on that pdal.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

The long chip DD-3 is just rebadged DD-2
      Nice score, got a DD-3 longchip as well....love it!
      (Gainstage is going to get mad again)

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
          The long chip DD-3 is just rebadged DD-2
          Nice score, got a DD-3 longchip as well....love it!
          (Gainstage is going to get mad again)
          I was aware of the re-badge and it's what drew me to the long chip DD-3 in the first place. I don't know if it's a collector thing or just being "vintage", but DD-2s tend to go a bit higher than I'm willing to pay. I got this one for a great deal IMO.

As far as gain stage, I'm sure he's near having a seizure with all of the Boss threads lately...
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

What's the difference tonally between the DD-2/DD-3 mentioned and later versions?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              What's the difference tonally between the DD-2/DD-3 mentioned and later versions?
              The DD-2 and long chip DD-3 don't sound all that similar to the later version(s). The later and current DD-3 are very digital sounding; I'd describe them as hard and bright. The DD-2 and long chip DD-3 use 12-bit converters which are quite low-res by today's standards. As a result they roll off quite a bit of treble in the initial conversion which gives them a very warm, almost analog sound. Unlike an analog delay, the repeats don't degrade so it's a best-of-both-worlds in a way. I like to run mine in front of a cranked Marshall, so not having the repeats turn into blurry mush is a huge plus. They're also quite a bit less expensive than most analog delays.

The end result is that these pedals sound very similar to the Keeley and Analog Man high cut mods out of the box.
              Last edited by dystrust; 06-26-2016, 12:29 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Sweet! That would be prefect for my 80's metal stylings….not that my old DD-3 doesn't do it…
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Interesting!
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had an old Boss DE-200 rack delay which sounds like what you are describing too, very warm sounding delay.

Comment

funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Working...
                      X