Vox Double Deca, yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Double Deca, yay or nay?

Found a pretty good deal on a Vox Double Deca delay, but no way to try it out in person. I have been thinking about getting a Carbon Copy but the Vox goes to 900ms delay time and the MXR only has a max of 600 like several other analog delays I have researched. Has anyone tried out the Deca? Opinions?
    Last edited by Dave Locher; 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM.

Re: Vox Double Deca, yay or nay?

I was hoping at least one person has or has played with the Vox delay to give me an opinion?

Comment

Big box, probably the better one of the series vox released, nothing really outstanding. You can do better with a flashback mini depending on the deal you are getting on this one.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!
        Flashback mini is actually one of the pedals I am hunting. I am cheap and LOVE to get a good deal. Came across the Vox by accident & could not finvd much info on them.
        Size is not important - I only use two other pedals - but sound and price both are.
        So far I have made at least a few bucks on every pedal I have ever bought. My wife is actually encouraging me to buy more!

Comment

I have seen that entire range in a store near me, unfortunately they carry the most unwanted Vox stuff i could think of lol. These were priced a bit higher new here than the FB mini , so for cheap i think that one is still the best bang for the buck since you can transfer toneprints to it making it analog or modulated or tape & the added bonus of assigning the two knobs to change three different things, so in way i could have it preset to a specific feedback level that i prefer & change that knob function to sweep from analog to tape to digital delay types while varying a specific modulation parameter while at it. A bunch of stuff you can do on the editor with it. If possible see if can find a regular flashback unit for cheap used as well.

Comment

I just got one of these, and I'm pretty blown away. True analog BBD delay, with a really cool feature of stacking an echo and delay at the same time, all analog. It's ugly as sin, but such an inspiring sound that comes out of it. True analog BBD delay with modulation. I'm going to get another just as a back up while they are so cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X