banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Vox Stomplab IIG Amp/Cab/Pedal models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Vox Stomplab IIG Amp/Cab/Pedal models?

Hi all,

I just bought a Vox Stomplab IIG multi-effect pedal. It's awesome with lots of different tones and effects, but I was wondering if you guys could help me identify what Vox was trying to emulate with each amp/cab/pedal model. All that I have been able to find so far is the Vox manual, but it doesn't say anything about what each thing is supposed to be, just ambiguous things like "US Metal 3."

The main thing that is in question is the amp models. The manual lists all the models as:

BTQ CLEAN, JAZZ CLEAN 1, PURE CLEAN, JAZZ CLEAN 2, CALI CLEAN 1, CALI CLEAN 2, CALI CLEAN 3, VOX AC4,
    CALI CLEAN 4, US BLUES 1, US 2x12 1, US 2x12 2, VOX AC15TB, VOX AC15, VOX AC30TB, VOX AC30HH, VOX CRUNCH,
    US BLUES 2, US BLUES 3, US BLUES 4, US 2x12 3, US 2x12 4, UK ROCK1, UK ROCK 2, UK ROCK 3, BTQ OD,
    VOX NT15, VOX AC30BM, UK ROCK 4, UK METAL 1, UK METAL 2 , UK METAL 3, UK METAL 4, US HIGAIN 1, US HIGAIN 2,
    US HIGAIN 3, US HIGAIN 4, US METAL 1, US METAL 2, US METAL 3, US METAL 4, BTQ METAL 1, BTQ METAL 2, BTQ METAL 3

Some of them are pretty easy, like Jazz Clean is a JC120, BTQ OD is probably a Dumble OD Special, the UK models that aren't Vox are probably all Marshall, and all the Vox models are straight out labeled (except Vox Crunch, which I kind of think could be a normal AC30). For the rest of the models, I have no idea what they are.

The cabinet models that are listed in the manual make enough sense. They are:

TWEED 1x8, TWEED 1x12, TWEED 4x10, BLACK 2x10, BLACK 2x12, VOX AC15, VOX AC30, VOX AD120VTX, UK H30 4x12, UK T75 4x12, US V30 4x12

However, vox also includes in the Stomplab a Custom cab setting with a "Character" dial that goes from 0-20. Does anyone know what those 20 models are, or if they aren't separate models, what the "Character" dial does?

Lastly, some of the pedal names are quite unclear. Does anyone know what these ones are supposed to be?:

BRN OCTAVE (has an octave down effect), BLUE DRIVE (maybe a BD-2 Blues Driver?), GOLD DRIVE, TUBE DX, ROCK PLANET, FAT (maybe a Rat?), BRIT LEAD (maybe a Guv'nor?)

I made a copy of a spreadsheet someone on the internet made of what is listed in the manual, and I tried to fill in what I thought Vox was trying to emulate with each effect. You can find mine here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

If you have a Stomplab and have already figured this stuff out, just know what some of these vague names might mean, think something I put in the spreadsheet is wrong, or know of some place that has all of the effects explained, it would be awesome if you could reply or comment on the spreadsheet. I know this would be really helpful to many other Stomplab IG/IIG in the future.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mukobi; 06-30-2016, 12:30 PM.

Re: Help with Vox Stomplab IIG Amp/Cab/Pedal models?

This spreadsheet is really useful. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Oquedo View Post
      This spreadsheet is really useful. Thanks a lot!
      Thank you! I still use the pedal today, but I find myself caring less and less about what each effect is supposed to sound like and more just what type of effect it is and what it sounds like. Then again, I mainly only use it for modulation effects as I have other pedals for drive tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukobi View Post
        Thank you! I still use the pedal today, but I find myself caring less and less about what each effect is supposed to sound like and more just what type of effect it is and what it sounds like. Then again, I mainly only use it for modulation effects as I have other pedals for drive tones.
        I think this is the key to a lot of modelers (not so much the higher end ones)- don't worry that it doesn't sound exactly like ____, and figure out what you can do with the sound you have.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X