Frytte Power Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frytte Power Station

Anyone try one of these? HiFi 6L6 transparent amp that works as an attenuator. I know Bad Cat has a solid state version (Unleash) that's not quite as pricey.

The Fryette Power Station combines the utility of an attenuator, a power amp, and a reactive load, giving you unmatched versatility. Order yours today!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Frytte Power Station

I have one. Its usual use for me is acting as a basic single channel power amp running a second 4x12 cab in my stereo rack rig. However I also use it as intended (and why I bought it over other power amps) as an attenuator/FX loop for my stock '79 JMP and '67 Vibrolux. I used to load the JMP down with a hot plate then re-amp it with various different power amps over the years and the power station by far sounds the best of all the solid state stuff I tried (never tried the Unleash). I also found out my Vibrolux cranked up to 8-10 into the PS with some delay in the FX loop into a 4x12 cab with an optional OD out front is one mean amp! I never played it cranked in all the years of owning it before the PS. Maybe I got it to 5 or 6 but never 8-10, so it was always just a clean amp to me, now it's way more fun and I like playing it more than my JMP. I don't think there are any better choices if you have big amps that need to be tamed, amps without FX loops or master volumes or little amps that need more volume etc etc. It's much easier than using a hot plate or other load box and a separate power amp since it does it all in one box and feels more natural to play (reactive load) and has some added tone shaping controls out front (toggles and pres and deep knobs).
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I want one. Fryette is also releasing something like a Mesa Cab Clone called the Power Load.

Comment

Not to hijack, but Im looking for something to tame the savage Splawn.. mine has a master volume on the loop, which is great and lets me get most of the tone at low volume. But, Id still like to get a proper attenuator. not sure what route to go.. Weber, hotplate, was also looking at the Unleash.. I wish I could use the same one with all my amps, (could with the splawn and marshall) but the PV is 120watts. But it has a pretty good master volume
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

PSA bump: There's one on eBay for about $590 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's version 1

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...