Rockman Chorus unit hookup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockman Chorus unit hookup??

Im not savvy with rack systems, so need some guidance here. I have a Rockman chorus rack unit. however, it has to be either on or off. off cuts signal to the amp. So, appears to me Im going to have to run a dedicated amp for it.?? Any other options to hook it up with one amp and be able to bypass it? I betting there is, but Im unaware.. Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Rockman Chorus unit hookup??

Those definitely had a bypass mode. There ought to be a jack on the back panel for a footswitch.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Which one?

There's the Stereo Chorus and then there's the Stereo Chorus / Delay.

More than likely a simple cheap footswitch with a 1/4" mono plug (into the "Bypass" jack in back) will do the trick.
      Last edited by LLL; 07-31-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Or a loop pedal. Not elegant, but effective.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Ideally, like most chorus units, it actually sounds better with 2 amps, but that isn't how most people use them. I think there is something up with the footswitch jack here. You should certainly have a bypass mode.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ill dig it out and look again and post a pic of the connections if I cant figure it out
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yah, stereo is a big enhancement for chorus, though few ran 'em that way back in the 80s. The thing's gotta have a footswitch jack.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Just checking in...

'Zat the 1 with "Sweep Stop" Mode?
                "Scalloped & Stickered"
                A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
                  Just checking in...

'Zat the 1 with "Sweep Stop" Mode?
                  not to my knowledge..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Did you find the bypass jack on the rear panel?

Comment

I haven't had the chance to dig it up yet. Hope to in the next few days..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Ok, had time to dig it out today..
                        rear jacks left to right:

1)Bypass... 2)Alt Mix...3)Long Chorus...4) Sweep Stop... Then it says Wide mix-- 5)Direct (mono out)...6)Processed.. 7) Input

I think when I used it, I plugged into Mono in and out from the mono out to the amp. I bought used and got no manual or anything..

Just googled the manual. Looks like it may be online, but Im blocked here at work..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

They are!

Chorus:
                          View and Download ROCKMAN Stereo Chorus operating manual online. Stereo Chorus recording equipment pdf manual download.

Chorus /Delay
                          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Saweet!! Thanks!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              Ok, had time to dig it out today..
                              rear jacks left to right:

1)Bypass... 2)Alt Mix...3)Long Chorus...4) Sweep Stop... Then it says Wide mix-- 5)Direct (mono out)...6)Processed.. 7) Input

I think when I used it, I plugged into Mono in and out from the mono out to the amp. I bought used and got no manual or anything..

Just googled the manual. Looks like it may be online, but Im blocked here at work..
                              The bypass jack is for a 1/4" footswitch cable which is used to toggle the chorus on and off.
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                              X