• Show
Clear All

• Got me a Iso Supply from Joyo

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160802_205028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	5841343

Paid about equivalent of $80 for this including shipping. For that price i said why not. Being neighbours with China, these things should be cheaper for me but meh economics suck.

Moving on, its proper transformer isolated, weighs abouts 1.2kgs. I wish they had provided a 120mA outputs instead of the 100mA on five outlets. But they did provide two 250mA outlets & one 12V or 18V selectable 100mA outlet. They included two polarity convert cables & the back has an IEC extension outlet to chain a total of five of these.
    Its a bit tall at 5cms & about 15cms long.

This is one of those purchases that there isn't much to tell, so that's it lol

Re: Got me a Iso Supply from Joyo

That's still a good price on a properly isolated PS!

Comment

I have one of those that I bought a few years ago, but I don't think mine is fully isolated since it uses a wall wort. I'm going to replace it eventually, I get sick of the really short power cord. Other than that, though, it's been a great supply for the last few years!
      Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
        I have one of those that I bought a few years ago, but I don't think mine is fully isolated since it uses a wall wort.
        If they use a wall wart they aren't fully isolated.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
          I have one of those that I bought a few years ago, but I don't think mine is fully isolated since it uses a wall wort. I'm going to replace it eventually, I get sick of the really short power cord. Other than that, though, it's been a great supply for the last few years!
          Thats the jp02 with the blue leds. Looks like that design is sold by a large number of chinese brands. A number of variations pop up while browsing through amazon related to it. Its short circuit protected at each outlet but not ground isolated, their marketing literature for it was quite confusing. I was going to order a $25 variation of it from amazon but dumped the idea incase it fried my pedals lol

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          If they use a wall wart they aren't fully isolated.
          Mxr seems to have figured out a way around that with their iso brick. But the threads on it weren't all entirely positive, someone had a unit malfunction killing two pedals from two different outlets, the build was also bit shabby for mxr quality.

On this unit I've checked each outlet was putting out correct polarity & voltage and would suggest anyone buying these (or anyother) doing that check before plugging any pedals in for power supply, ya never know if any are faulty.

I only found one review on reddit for this unit, that too with a malfunctioning selectable outlet. Mine is working fine though but be cautious with these & other power supplies as well.

Comment

Working...
          X