NPD: Zoom MS-70CDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Zoom MS-70CDR

So I decided to get this multi FXs pedal in order to cover the other FXs that I may want to use that are not that important to me as the ones I have on actual dedicated pedals. It is affordable and the FXs in it are usable. I think the Small Clone chorus model sounds very good, I have not played the real one but I have the Truetone H2O so I know how a real analog chorus can sound. I was more into it because of the tuner, volume boost for solos, reberv for ambiance sounds but now I find myself using it as an octaver and harmonizer and definitly want to take advantage of the stereo outputs to give my home recording a deeper sound. Those are FXs will use just from time to time, I did not want to spend a lot of money and it really is the size of a single pedal.

It is a non expensive toy that can compliment your FX pallet if you already spend a lot of money on the FX that you really care for, there is no way you can feel disappointed by this pedal as long as you get your expectations set properly for a modeler unit that is this affordable. I may post more comments as I keep using it.
    Last edited by IMENATOR; 08-04-2016, 08:00 AM.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: NPD: Zoom MS-70CDR

Its a cool little box. Can you tell what the HD Reverb sounds like in it? Like is it kind of a room or plate or ambiance type? I have the zoom g1on and am familiar with the HD Hall algo, but the ms70cdr always intrigued me since it's got some useful things in it & could replace my flashback delay with it.

Also some of those algos sound great in stereo but not mono &:some others are better in mono, so helps to audition them both ways when used for recording.

Comment

I need to find the time so I can take some sound clips so you can hear it. That however will be thru a cabsim output of my preamp.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

I bought mine last year to replace my TCE M350, but haven't tinkered with it much. Very useful pedal that you can just toss if it breaks cause it's so cheap.

How do you activate the volume boost?

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
          I bought mine last year to replace my TCE M350, but haven't tinkered with it much. Very useful pedal that you can just toss if it breaks cause it's so cheap.

How do you activate the volume boost?
          you can put a line selector and the output volume paremeters allow to to go up to 150%
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
            Its a cool little box. Can you tell what the HD Reverb sounds like in it? Like is it kind of a room or plate or ambiance type? I have the zoom g1on and am familiar with the HD Hall algo, but the ms70cdr always intrigued me since it's got some useful things in it & could replace my flashback delay with it.

Also some of those algos sound great in stereo but not mono &:some others are better in mono, so helps to audition them both ways when used for recording.

Ok, I got the time to make a small recording cycling thru each reverb with their default settings.

The list is here, page 12, starting with the HD reverb. https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default...st_English.pdf

The sound clip is here, you can hear a pause when I go to the next model, the first one is the HD Reverb and it goes in the same order as the manual above. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...3AwbnVaSHFoZ2M

It is CAB SIM signal at line level out of my AMT SS-20 into a Focusrite 2i2 into Audacity (Ubuntu Studio) with no processing at all. The guitar is a poplar strat with Duncan STK-S6 in the neck, crunch channel cracked but guitar volume rolled back for edge of breakup.
            Who took my guitar?

Comment

Thanks man that was a lot of work for ya. The HD Reverb souds somewhat like a mix of plate+room, hmmn looks they included a majority of good ones in the g1on but I liked the regular spring compared to the spring63 algo in there.

The AMT does sound good too btw, should work great in direct to pa setup with all the channels for variety.

When practicing or noodling with phones I use the ping pong delay & chain the Early Reflection into AIR into another type of reverb algo, mix set to below 30 on all. There are a ton of choruses included in the cdr, among the few included in the g1on the Ensemble algo sounded good & different. Beyond that the rotary is the only one i liked. They sure crammed a lot of stuff in a small box.
              Last edited by Hank-; 08-09-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                Thanks man that was a lot of work for ya. The HD Reverb souds somewhat like a mix of plate+room, hmmn looks they included a majority of good ones in the g1on but I liked the regular spring compared to the spring63 algo in there.

The AMT does sound good too btw, should work great in direct to pa setup with all the channels for variety.

When practicing or noodling with phones I use the ping pong delay & chain the Early Reflection into AIR into another type of reverb algo, mix set to below 30 on all. There are a ton of choruses included in the cdr, among the few included in the g1on the Ensemble algo sounded good & different. Beyond that the rotary is the only one i liked. They sure crammed a lot of stuff in a small box.
                No problem, I had already planned doing this for my self to heare the stereo effect. The spring63 defaults are like too much, I still need to play with these a lot but the regular spring reverb is my to-go reverb so far. The AMT SS-20 has been reviewed a lot as high gain preamp but in my opinion it can do classic rock very good with a guitar with vintage pickups, imho the crunch channel cleans up really good awhen I crank the guitar volume it does a nice crunchy sound.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                X