Hotone Problem.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotone Problem.....

Hello all, I have, and for some time have used the little ( hotone ) pedals. I am all of a sudden having an issue hopefully someone smarter than me (shouldn't be to difficult ) can help. When my guitar is plugged in the input of any of the pedals they work fine. However when you push the footswitch the pedals light up but drop the signal???Come on now am I that stupid? please Help! Thanks, Mike

Re: Hotone Problem.....

All of them at once? Are you using a common power source?
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

What pedals are in your chain?

Comment

Thanks for looking.......One or all pedals it doesn't matter

Comment

Did you try another power supply? Does anything light up on the pedal?

I am not sure, but I think they are true bypass. When there is no power they will 'work' in bypassed mode, but not when you switch them on. So when all of them don't work, it seems to be a defective power supply...
          Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

i speak from experience that power supplies can make pedals not function properly. Try one pedal with a single power supply and see if it works. then check each one that way. That will at least let you know that each pedal is working properly. if they are then i would def assume that the supply is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
              i speak from experience that power supplies can make pedals not function properly. Try one pedal with a single power supply and see if it works. then check each one that way. That will at least let you know that each pedal is working properly. if they are then i would def assume that the supply is the issue.
              What she said!

Comment

I agree. Based on what's been described it sounds like the power supply. What power supply are you using? How much current is it rated for? If you can find out how much each pedal draws, make sure they don't draw more than the power supply us rated for. If they do, get a more powerful power supply, if not, you just might need a new one.

Comment

Come on guys read the OPs response, if I understand correctly he already tried the pedals one by one...:
                  Originally posted by fatbvoy View Post
                  Thanks for looking.......One or all pedals it doesn't matter
                  Or did you not try disconnecting them all and leave only one connected?
                  Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Working...
                  X