• Show
Clear All

• NPD Donner (off name brand)

Click image for larger version

Name:	donner.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	5842224

I found this pedal on amazon while searching for cheap pedals. I said why not try it. I picked it up today from my local UPS location and got it home and hooked it up and all i can say is WOW! I paid $30.99 for it from amazon and it sounds so much better than my Boss DS-1. The gain on tap is sweet and the selector switch goes between a Normal, Tight, and Classic, these are very subtle but the tight is where i like the tone at (NO JOKES ABOUT TIGHT THINGS PLEASE). If you're looking for that '80s metal distortion for cheap, check this thing out. With the volume knob rolled down, it creates a nice chunky rhythm style playability. With the guitar volume knob all the way on is where the screaming leads start for solos or just balls to the wall rhythm, either one. I'm impressed with this little cheap pedal purchase to be honest. Worth a shot is all i can say...
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: NPD Donner (off name brand)

Just FYI, those are clones of a Suhr Riot, which is a great sounding pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      Just FYI, those are clones of a Suhr Riot, which is a great sounding pedal.
      Thats what i read before i purchased it. They did a comparison of this pedal and a Riot and there was almost no difference....I say that but i was watching it on YouTube. The Riot had a bit more harmonic response and other tonal characteristics but its out of my price range, so i settled on the cheaper one..

Comment

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/FrzWBMMywWA[/YOUTUBE
        Sorry for the terrible audio. I recorded it on my phone at lunch. This clip was when this pedal was on and the volume knob rolled off. Once the solo comes in, the volume knob is on 100%.

Comment

considered this too. would like a riot, but not at full price. Seems like I put up a thread regarding a diff Donner pedal and got no responses...
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Maybe so. I was just wanting to give anyone interested in a cheap affordable clone an idea of what's out there.

Comment

Cool. I'm likely gonna go with a Mooer Solo.

See the Donners all the time and wonder if they are just re-branded Mooers.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

now i must go purchase this pedal. Thanks like i need another pedal. i have an addiction LOL

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                  now i must go purchase this pedal. Thanks like i need another pedal. i have an addiction LOL
                  LOL...You're welcome Moon. I am thoroughly enjoying this pedal, especially through an AC-15 and my Micro Terror pushing a 4x12 cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                  X