banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xotic BB Preamp vs BB Preamp Comp - what do they add/change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xotic BB Preamp vs BB Preamp Comp - what do they add/change?

The couple shops where I live do not have these in stock, so this is all based off of YouTube clips, but my question is this: What, exactly, does the "COMP" switch do on the AC Boost Comp? Is it just kicking in a couple diodes?

It's hard to tell on YouTube. The volume does drop when the switch is in the comp mode, which makes me think it's just bringing some diodes into the signal, but I can't tell if the sound gets fuzzier/grittier or if it really does just get more compressed and full sounding.

I really wanna know because I have a BB Preamp clone and I'd like to mod it for the more compressed tone.

Re: Xotic BB Preamp vs BB Preamp Comp - what do they add/change?

I have no answer to your question, but am curious as well. I have a BB Preamp and love it. Have you tried using a compressor with yours? I switch between the Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone and Bogner Harlow depending on what flavour appeals to me more at the time.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Funny you should ask - I just bought a comp yesterday. Should arrive in a couple days.

Comment

What I love about the BB is the way it stacks with other pedals. My favourite combinations thus far are
        Boost > BB Preamp > compressor > strymon DECO
        BB Preamp > Bogner Uberschall > compressor
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X