Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Decimator G-String I vs G-String II

Hello guys,

1) As far as I know the only difference between these pedals are that G-String II enable you stack two Decimator Pedals. Right?

2) What's the use of stacking two decimator pedals?

3) By Decimator "G-String I"; I can use the pedal for both FX Loop and before the amp in the same instance. Right? (For killing the noise which originate from both FX Loop and Preamp of the Amp.)

Thank you very much
    Last edited by zanshin777; 10-24-2016, 01:39 AM.

Re: ISP Decimator G-String I vs G-String II

Yeah you can run two either side of where the noise comes from, but I only own one as I don't need another to eliminate noise from the actual amp as I had mine modded so the lead channel is quiet. The only noise I need to control is my tubescreamer making my pickups feedback. So I run my TS-9 In the loop of my Decimator. Does the trick.

Comment

1.- They claim to have improved the internal algorithm too but mark 1 was already prised as the best NR pedal out there so I guess it all depends on how demanding is your application. http://www.isptechnologies.com/2014/...r-g-string-ii/

2.- According to their FAQs, stacking two of the Decimator ii (not the G String) will put noise reduction to the guitar signal (when using it in front of the amp) and put noise reduction to the actual amplifier preamp section which can be noisy (when using the other in the loop of the amp). The manual also describes an example on using the Decimator G String ii linked to a regular Decimator ii for stereo applications. I haven't tried any of those as I already have the Decimator G-String ii which is actually a damn great noise reduction pedal itself, for live performance I think I don't need nothing more. If you are going to do recording with true single coils and a noisy tube amp them maybe you can evaluate using the linked approach, but I seriously recommend you call ISP and ask questions, I have done in the past and they have really answered my questions. They even added one of my questions to their FAQs

Elevate your performance with ISP Technologies' cutting-edge Pro Audio gear, including the groundbreaking Decimator guitar pedal, speakers, amplifiers, and effect processors. Experience unmatched sound clarity and control for musicians and sound engineers worldwide.

Elevate your performance with ISP Technologies' cutting-edge Pro Audio gear, including the groundbreaking Decimator guitar pedal, speakers, amplifiers, and effect processors. Experience unmatched sound clarity and control for musicians and sound engineers worldwide.

3.- Yes, just keep in mind echo/delay/reverb should be AFTER the pedal so those FXs won't get "silenced" when you stop playing, they mention that in the manual. If those are in the loop of the G String they will get silenced (the repeats really) when you don't play a note. I have not tried delay in front of the amp while using the Decimator G String ii in the FX loop of my amp but I guess the noise could be heard when the trails become quiter.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Thank you very much guys.

Comment

I ordered G String I for 127 dollars with shipping. G String II is 90 dollars more. Version I looked like good enough for me. (based on YouTube videos.)

They say the technology is improved on the 2nd version.

"The Decimator II also features improvements in the expander tracking with our new Linearized Time Vector Processing™. This novel improvement provides a more linear release time-constant response for the exponential release curve of the downward expander. While the expander is exponentially increasing expansion and dynamically changing its response to fit the envelope of the input signal, the release response remains linear over a given time period. This increases the smoothness of the release response of the expander and provides the most transparent release response of any noise reduction system available and virtually eliminates any release ripple for incredibly smooth decay of longer sustained notes."
          Last edited by zanshin777; 10-24-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I can't speak for version I, but you can find my impressions of the ISP Decimator G-string II model HERE.

I REALLY like my Decimator... It's become an essential in my live rig. I don't use what I'd call a lot of gain but I play loud enough and use enough pedals to make the ISP well worth it. It's on 90% of the time, and the only reason it's off is if I'm using the green or amber channels on my amp's OD1 channel and don't need it, or if I'm playing stuff that requires controlled feedback and/or riding the volume knob.

Comment

I never had a G String I but I had the Decimator I and didn't really like it. I have a G String II and I also have the G String II Decimator rack version. They're awesome and very transparent. Never leaving my rig especially under high gain.

Comment

Now I bought brand new G String II. I had tried G String I on the same settings previously.

I think It's worth paying extra money buying G String II rather than the version I.

G String II

+ Sustain fade out is very natural on this one. Far better than the version 1.

+ It seemed to me the tone of the pedals are more prominent and better with G String II. Especially modulation effects.

Comment

Working...
                X