banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo pedals that are more than just wet/dry that don't cost several hundred dollar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stereo pedals that are more than just wet/dry that don't cost several hundred dol

Look at some old DOD pedals. I know my old Stereo Flanger did it (FX-75C).
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Re: Stereo pedals that are more than just wet/dry that don't cost several hundred dol

I always thought my DOD FX68 Stereo Chorus was a true stereo until I saw this post.

I have a Zoom MS70 CDR with stereo ins and outs, but I never try using it with 2 amps. You might want to check it out, it's only 100 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        You can check out a Line 6 M5 or M9, which does stereo modulation really well, and should be found in your price range.
        I second this. Or if you just need a modulation pedal, get the MM4.
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

IThe DOD Pedal I had contained 2 distinct chorus circuits, and was called the Stereo Turbo Chorus. You might take a look at the Digitech Chorus Factory, which has a bunch of modeled boxes on it- it might have true stereo swirls on it.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It sounds like what you want is dual amp but mono sound. You can do this by running all your effects in mono & placing an ABY box at the end of your effect chain.

When using 2 amps, I always preferred to use a stereo effect, such as chorus, to split the signal.
            Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by baritone View Post
              It sounds like what you want is dual amp but mono sound. You can do this by running all your effects in mono & placing an ABY box at the end of your effect chain.

When using 2 amps, I always preferred to use a stereo effect, such as chorus, to split the signal.
              In a sense yes. I want both amps in mono when the stereo pedal is in bypass mode and stereo when it is being used. Not sure if there is a pedal out there doing this. I may just have to settle for the ABY method and a wet/dry setup. ...or maybe what I need us an ABY and a pedal with stereo inputs like the Corona Chorus?

Comment

The way you've been using your delay for this effect is the same way I used to use a chorus pedal. That way, I could decrease the depth knob to run both amps without too much chorus sound.
                Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

it seems to work, but I can't help feeling there are better options.

Comment

Working...
                  X