No announcement yet.

Cabin Simulator - Which one to choose ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Simulator - Which one to choose ?

i was thinking of buying a cabinet simulator for silent recording - i have seen 3 of them:

AMT Pangaea CP-100

ADA A/DA GCS-2

and of course Torpedo cab

My main question is which one has the better sound quality and how much they are close to the "real thing"

Also are all these better than a VST plugin like pullin ?

thanx in advance
    Last edited by narcsoul; 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM.

Re: Cabin Simulator - Which one to choose ?

Impulse response plugin. Ownhammer cabinet impulse respones. You can try them for free. WAY better than any emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by narcsoul View Post
      i was thinking of buying a cabinet simulator for silent recording - i have seen 3 of them:

AMT Pangaea CP-100

ADA A/DA GCS-2

and of course Torpedo cab

My main question is which one has the better sound quality and how much they are close to the "real thing"

Also are all these better than a VST plugin like pullin ?

thanx in advance
      The Torpedo is by far the best of those, but it essentially uses IRs. If you're only going to use it for recording a load box & IR plugins will probably be less expensive.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

what about the cheap Mooer MTS1 Trescab ?

Comment

Originally posted by narcsoul View Post
          what about the cheap Mooer MTS1 Trescab ?
          I've never heard one, but generally speaking you get what you pay for with cabinet simulators. It may do one sound well, and it may sound awful for everything. If sound quality is important, either use a load box and IR plugins or a Torpedo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Mesa Cab Clone. My Mark V:25 and :35 have it built-in; makes going direct to the board a snap.

Bill
            When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

It's best not to simulate a cabin. Go for something like this authentic CCC built model.

Comment

Working...
              X