• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss me 80

Getting to grips with my processor
    Attached Files

Re: Boss me 80

Blackstar is wasted on that....

But take time, program the bejeebers out of the ME 80, and you'll make some righteous sounds. Remember, less is always more with those kitchen sink processors and the presets are usually wayyyyy over effected.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Your absolutely right there!
      I have had it a few weeks now, i dont use (up to now) any of the presets! I have downloaded a few patches and made a couple of my own.
      If i am trying to make a patch then i start of very clean and tweak a bit at a time.
      I wish i could get more sustain though! Where i can pick a note and it will sustain throughout at least a couple of bends without needing re picking. (Im working on the intro of a floyd clasic 'coming back to life) the only way i can achieve the sustain i want on the bends and releases at the begining is by using the wammy bar.
      I appreciate what you say about the amp! I only play at home and love this ht5r but i am not using it to its potential im sure.
      Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Blackstar is wasted on that....

But take time, program the bejeebers out of the ME 80, and you'll make some righteous sounds. Remember, less is always more with those kitchen sink processors and the presets are usually wayyyyy over effected.

Comment

The ME-80 is good for a totally clean channel amp only. I find it useless for amps with gain channels and effects loops.
        It's a nice tool for what it is. Have fun man and dig in.

Comment

Yes, and that is how i am using it.
          Through the clean chanel and outside of the loop.
          I may try other ways just to see what i think
          Originally posted by mantis View Post
          The ME-80 is good for a totally clean channel amp only. I find it useless for amps with gain channels and effects loops.
          It's a nice tool for what it is. Have fun man and dig in.

Comment

If he makes some really awesome sounds out of that combo, then more power to him.
            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
            Line 6 Helix
            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

??
              Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
              If he makes some really awesome sounds out of that combo, then more power to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Instructor57 View Post
                ??
                I was addressing Ace and Mantis.
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Instructor57 View Post
                  Your absolutely right there!
                  I have had it a few weeks now, i dont use (up to now) any of the presets! I have downloaded a few patches and made a couple of my own.
                  If i am trying to make a patch then i start of very clean and tweak a bit at a time.
                  I wish i could get more sustain though! Where i can pick a note and it will sustain throughout at least a couple of bends without needing re picking. (Im working on the intro of a floyd clasic 'coming back to life) the only way i can achieve the sustain i want on the bends and releases at the begining is by using the wammy bar.
                  I appreciate what you say about the amp! I only play at home and love this ht5r but i am not using it to its potential im sure.
                  Check the noise gate settings, reinitialized patches have it turned on by default.

Comment

Just saying the ME 80 is a sound sculpting beast....lots of coloring (but nice colors)

The amp itself should sound fantastic...without the ME 80!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Just saying the ME 80 is a sound sculpting beast....lots of coloring (but nice colors)

The amp itself should sound fantastic...without the ME 80!
                      Agreed. I used my HD500 much in the same way you're describing.
                      Line 6 Helix
                      Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                        I was addressing Ace and Mantis.
                        I wasn't knocking his setup , tone or anything. I was really looking at the ME-80 as that product pisses me off. I'll explain.
                        I've been using Boss products for over 35 years. I've always loved them, always found they make as good if not better sounds then anything on the market no matter what the price. But I feel Boss makes some stupid mistakes along the way as the ME-80 could be a ton better with one little feature, an effects loop.
                        If you look at the GT-8, GT-10 and Gt-100 which I have owned all 3, they have the ability to put your effects where you want them. The idea behind the ME-80 is to have a more stomp box version of a GT board. But they forgot to put an effects loop on it or left if off due to cost which I find stupid as you could so much more out of it just like if you where using all single pedals.
                        Think about it, if you have all your effects out in front of your amp, it kinda makes your Gain channel useless. Your only option most of the time is going to have to use the internal gain of the board. Thats why I said "if your gonna use it out front of a clean channel". Because thats really logically the only way it works to it's best.
                        I'm sure it sounds great, ALL Boss products do. I find Boss as I said to be one of the leaders in this industry for effects tone. ALL other companies copy Boss pedals of some level or another.
                        When the ME-80 was induced , I was all in until I saw the connections, then I was all out. Not for sound quality but for the way I like to use my amps gain channel and effects loop to correctly place everything where I want it.

Comment

Working...
                        X