Menatone Wreck'T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menatone Wreck'T

Woah. Wasn't expecting to love this bad boy. I was hoping to like it. It has a full tone stack and an huge rush of adrenaline when you engage it.

Supposedly a trainwreck tone. Makes me want to try an real wreck or a Komet 60 one day. I've got several Dumble style pedals, some tweed style drives, a klone and a blues breaker clone.

This Wreck'T blows them all away.

Menatone makes some good stuff. I've got an old 7 Knob Howie and it's a keeper.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Menatone Wreck'T

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
    Menatone makes some good stuff.
    Yeah. Brian's a master of making amp-inspired ODs.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

I'm surprised Menatone isn't more popular.
      They were quite popular 15 years ago.

I always wanted a Fish Factory, but never pulled the trigger.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Lots of competition out there. You get the flavor of the month pedals. The hype machine gets cranked. I'm 2 for 2 with Menatone pedals. Also excellent customer service. I accidently fried my Howie when a one spot daisy chain unprotected plug brushed up against the Howie. Brian fixed it for me for next to nothing. He doesn't know me at all.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Woah. Wasn't expecting to love this bad boy. I was hoping to like it. It has a full tone stack and an huge rush of adrenaline when you engage it.

Supposedly a trainwreck tone. Makes me want to try an real wreck or a Komet 60 one day. I've got several Dumble style pedals, some tweed style drives, a klone and a blues breaker clone.

Scott, I'm considering a Wreck't as well. I assume you've got the silver, 6 knob version. I'm also considering having Brian build me a custom shop Kar Krash (his original Trainwreck pedal). Can you describe how the resonance control works, in detail? I believe it not only controls bass, but also affects gain, transitioning between Komet and Express amp tones. How thin or flubby is the resonance at both ends of its range? Thanks and Happy Holidays! (I also have a Howie---his Vintage King Audio special edition. Fantastic pedal).
          Last edited by mflemmer2; 11-30-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

There's a Wreck'T over for sale at The Gear Page for $110. That's a steal. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/ind...inish.1769309/

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by mflemmer2 View Post
              Scott, I'm considering a Wreck't as well. I assume you've got the silver, 6 knob version. I'm also considering having Brian build me a custom shop Kar Krash (his original Trainwreck pedal). Can you describe how the resonance control works, in detail? I believe it not only controls bass, but also affects gain, transitioning between Komet and Express amp tones. How thin or flubby is the resonance at both ends of its range? Thanks and Happy Holidays! (I also have a Howie---his Vintage King Audio special edition. Fantastic pedal).
              See the "manual". It's describes it accurately.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

There's a Wreck'T over for sale at The Gear Page for $110. That's a steal. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/ind...inish.1769309/
                Thanks for the replies, Scott. By the time I saw them, the Wreck't had already been sold, but I'm thinking about getting the newer 6 knob version sometime (brand new, unless I see a great deal on a used one) after the holidays. Thanks for the info, and Happy Holidays!

Comment

Scott_F, I bought myself a new Wreck't. WOW, awesome sounding, especially with my Les Paul Custom (Wolfetone pickups--Dr. Vintage neck, Marshallhead MKII bridge). I spoke with Brian on the phone regarding the Drive and Reso(nance) controls. Drive covers everything between "Gradual" (CCW) and "Fast" (CW) that used to be a toggle switch on his Kar Krash pedal, which is a feature used on Komet amps. Resonance transitions between the Wreck/TW Express (CCW) and Crash/Komet mode (CW). According to Brian, the most accurate Express tone is with Reso slightly short of fully CCW, and Drive maxed. Komet would be w/Reso fully CW, and with Drive set to taste. I can get REALLY close to the tone Glen Kuykendall gets in his videos with his TW Express and '59 Les Paul, and that's saying something. I'm sure the FEEL of the real thing can't be duplicated, but sound-wise it's in the neighborhood, with a wide range of tonal possibilities. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite pedals--up there with my Menatone Vintage King version of the Howie, Tonehunter BlueLine Overdrive (my favorite Dumble style pedal, slightly ahead of the Howie---had the Simble and sold it), Ramble FX Marvel Drive, and Wampler ACE 30. It's all good!
                  Last edited by mflemmer2; 12-22-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

what amp do you use scott?
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                      what amp do you use scott?
                      Running it thru either my Celtic 5F6A Tweed Bassman or the 65amps Tupelo. Sounds great on both.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by mflemmer2 View Post
                        Scott_F, I bought myself a new Wreck't. WOW, awesome sounding, especially with my Les Paul Custom (Wolfetone pickups--Dr. Vintage neck, Marshallhead MKII bridge). I spoke with Brian on the phone regarding the Drive and Reso(nance) controls. Drive covers everything between "Gradual" (CCW) and "Fast" (CW) that used to be a toggle switch on his Kar Krash pedal, which is a feature used on Komet amps. Resonance transitions between the Wreck/TW Express (CCW) and Crash/Komet mode (CW). According to Brian, the most accurate Express tone is with Reso slightly short of fully CCW, and Drive maxed. Komet would be w/Reso fully CW, and with Drive set to taste. I can get REALLY close to the tone Glen Kuykendall gets in his videos with his TW Express and '59 Les Paul, and that's saying something. I'm sure the FEEL of the real thing can't be duplicated, but sound-wise it's in the neighborhood, with a wide range of tonal possibilities. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite pedals--up there with my Menatone Vintage King version of the Howie, Tonehunter BlueLine Overdrive (my favorite Dumble style pedal, slightly ahead of the Howie---had the Simble and sold it), Ramble FX Marvel Drive, and Wampler ACE 30. It's all good!
                        Thanks for the added info. Will experiment with that some more tonight.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                        X