Fulltone-That 80s Rack Chorus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone-That 80s Rack Chorus??

Anyone have experience with this unit? As most of you know, Im an 80s metal fan.. Im trying to find the best thick hair metal chorus I can find. tried a bunch of pedals and wonder if Id get better chorus from a rack system??

Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Fulltone-That 80s Rack Chorus??

The stereotypical 80s chorus was a rack unit, usually the Roland Dimension D or TC Electronic 1210. Neither is easy to find or affordable, though both are modeled in the Line 6 Mod Pro.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Chorus is the worst thing.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I'm sure the Fulltone is a great unit, but expensive overkill for most.

If I were in the market for an authentic and beautiful sounding chorus, I'd go straight to the new Boss CE-2W. Stereo too!

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yeah, I figure rack is overkill. Tho I do have a Rockman unit I need to get a rack for.. hee hee Gearjoneser, you tried that?? Ive been tempted ever since they released it....

I do like the Keeley Seafoam plus I got.. But it doesnt have dual outputs...
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I think Fulltone is suffering from the over saturation of the boutique pedal market they began. They're selling direct to the public more and more.

There's several Fulltone dealers around here, but I haven't seen some of their top end pieces.....probably because dealers won't unbox them for anyone but a known big spender........and that's not me. LOL

LA stores know me. Haha. I'll play the heck out of their premium gear, then wait till it pops up on LA Craigslist.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
              The stereotypical 80s chorus was a rack unit, usually the Roland Dimension D or TC Electronic 1210. Neither is easy to find or affordable, though both are modeled in the Line 6 Mod Pro.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
              I don't know which one it's modeled after, but the Trinity Chorus on the Helix is very lush and beautiful sounding.
              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                I don't know which one it's modeled after, but the Trinity Chorus on the Helix is very lush and beautiful sounding.
                I know only very little about this, but I believe the Fulltone is based off the Dyno my Piano rack chorus which is a Tri-Chorus (3 delay lines). I'd assume a model called "Trinity" is based on a Tri-Chorus and should be attempting to model a similar sound.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X