Visual Sound phaser-noise floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Sound phaser-noise floor?

The garagetone oil can phaser, i noticed it has a bunch of hiss/white noise in the background when turned on, like a distortion pedal hiss. I'm not talking about the swoshing background phaser noise either. I checked some vids out on it & noticed it's quieter in them than mine is.

I tried an adaptor, fresh battery & iso psu unit. Same results, even changed the tl072 to a new one, still no improvement. Tried it as the only pedal between the amp & guitar as well. So basically tried all possible normal troubleshooting.

Anyone have this unit & notice it adds decent amount of hiss? It's not a big problem with gain but for clean sounds the noise addup can bug me, plus I don't remember if it did this when I got it.

So anyone that has it woud like to add some info?

Re: Visual Sound phaser-noise floor?

I've never noticed anything more than the swoosh of the phaser with mine; but then I have so much noise due to the wiring in this old house that I wouldn't notice if the pedal added noise.

Comment

I use less stuff (6 max pedals at a time) & plug everything straight to amps input. So anything that's noisier than another stands out. It has been months since i turned my main amp on with pedals, so i don't remember if it were like this or has gotten like this over time. My Open Road & Drivetrain are both non excessively hissy even with the drive halfway up, drivetrain in particular surprised me by being alot quieter at high gain settings than my own amp. Their chainsaw pedal though does exhibit more self noise than the others but I guesa tjat comes within that gain territory.

I wish VS comes out with V3 pedal with a phaser & tremolo, considering both have been discontinued.

Comment

That suggestion has been brought up in their official users group page on Facebook.

They started the group after noticing a lot of conversation taking place on the company page and dominating their product advertising. Bob Weil and his employees are frequent visitors and often use the group to get feedback on current designs and ideas for future pedals. Many of the features on the V3 pedals came as a result of polling the group to find out what we liked, disliked or would like to see added.

Comment

Working...
        X