Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - TC Electronics Corona Chorus

Picked up a Full Sized Corona Chorus.

Haven't had a chance to play with it outside the music store but I think I'm really going to enjoy this pedal. The tone prints look interesting.

Re: NPD - TC Electronics Corona Chorus

So after two days, how is it? Liking it over the H2O?

Comment

Won't totally replace my H2O. In fact, my next pedal will probably be the H2O V3; but I do love it. I'm getting ready to build a smaller pedalboard for when I don't plan to use many effects and use the H2O on that. My main board is becoming a Stereo rig and the Corona was the first step in that direction. I may go with Wet/Dry for the next board with the H2O supplying the signal split.

Haven't gotten into the TonePrint Editor yet, but tried a bunch of celebrity tone prints.

So far, Brian May, John Petrucci and Bumblefoot have my favorite sounds.

I like the Trichorus mode too.
      Last edited by ThisDyingSoul76; 11-18-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I bet the Brian May is good.. I have one of the Red Special pedals and it has some cool tones.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I've tried that pedal. I was shocked. So often a company builds a pedal and its sound falls short of the hype. They promised Brian May tones and delivered... While I feel nobody will ever sound exactly like him, I think owning that pedal gets you as close as anyone could ever expect.

Comment

Yeah, I use a brass pick sometimes when playing thru it to get me closer to his using a sixpence..
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Good call!

Just got to play with the TonePrint editor today and turned the Corona Chorus into a Flanger. I got a keeper and unless I want it for a separate board, don't even need a Flanger now. ��

Comment

The Dimension M toneprint is something special. Honestly it's good enough to justify the full price of the pedal, it's THAT special.
                Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                Andrew - None

Comment

I got the Corona Tri Chorus Special Edition which is basically the same as the regular Green Corona but it's black so it's better LOL.
                  Anyway I have tried all of the above tone prints and they are all awesome in their own way. I'm digging the John Petrucci Prints.

Comment

Is there a way to save your personal tone prints so you can beam them back on the pedal again after changing settings or are you pretty much left with no choice but to audition the pedal while connected to a PC and then write down your settings to reproduce them later?

Comment

You can make and save your own TonePrint and beam it to the pedal whenever you want, but you need to keep track of the knob settings themselves.

Though, from what I understand, you can set limits on how much the knobs tweak, so, theoretically, you can set each of your own TonePrints so you have the sound you want when the knobs're all at, say 12 o'clock...
                      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                        Is there a way to save your personal tone prints so you can beam them back on the pedal again after changing settings or are you pretty much left with no choice but to audition the pedal while connected to a PC and then write down your settings to reproduce them later?
                        It's been awhile since I've used the editor but you can save a user toneprint but within the editor. You can't save to a file & then share online directly as a preset. So to get around that, press the "Print Screen" key of the keyboard & paste it in Paintbrush and have the settings pic saved as an image file to share or store on drive.

Not sure of the ipad app but the android app didnt allow editing toneprints, so to transfer my own toneprint I've to connect it to my pc.
                        Last edited by Hank-; 11-23-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

The iPad app has the editor.

Sucks you can't save toneprints to a file for later use. The suggestion of taking screen shots is a good idea though.

Comment

Working...
                          X