Looking for a gain and volume boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a gain and volume boost

An SD-1 or TS will make your guitar *seem* louder because of the boost in mids.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
      I had one for years and it's the worst stand alone OD I've ever heard, but it works incredibly well with an already distorted signal.
      Well it's an overdrive so it's not supposed to be a main distortion circuit. You use the OD to boost your amp to creamy saturation and the boost side to give you some extra volume during a solo.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

there are plenty of people who use an overdrive as their main distortion circuit

Comment

My favorite gritty boost right now is a toss up between the right side of the BMF Effects Godfather II (which is the same as the Godfather) or for a different flavor the GB Boost, also from BMF effects
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            there are plenty of people who use an overdrive as their main distortion circuit
            Absolutely. Still, some circuits work better for that than others. I don't think JohnnyTheKid meant to dis the pedal, just to mention that it's one of those that isn't at its best into a clean channel. He did say it's great into a driven amp.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I've been loving the sound of the Killing Floor. It is an overdrive. It is a boost. It is delicious! One knob is all you need.
              Didn't know about those, looks pretty cool. I don't use a boost much (main rig is a Triaxis so there's no need) though I do have a ChurchOfTone on my rehearsal pedalboard. But a one knob OD/boost with a color switch is a great idea!
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I would recommend Mojo Mojo overdrive by T.C Electronics.
                If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

Tc electronic spark booster is great, mid boost feature is even better if you want to keep your original tone but cut through the mix

Comment

Mad Professor Ruby Red, can be tweaked used as a clean boost or can boost volume and gain.

Comment

Moog MF Boost... does that add enough grit for you?
                      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Working...
                      X