Twin Tube Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Tube Classic

Recently purchase a Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic used. It arrived yesterday and I was so excited to try it out.
    Powered it up and the minute I hit the switch I knew we had an issue. Had a super scratchy background noise.
    The more volume, the worse the noise would get. YouTube video I watched suggested it's a bad tube. Other videos suggest a bad capacitor.
    Seller was gracious enough to let me send it back for a refund. Any pedals similar to this one that would be about the same, without tubes to wear out or be changed?
    It's one thing to change tubes in an amp that are somewhat easy. Another thing to dismantle and have to solder new ones in.
    It sucks because I really liked the pedal.

Re: Twin Tube Classic

I own one and I've never heard anything else that does what it does. Both channels sound great but are fairly different.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Hard to know what the issue was...maybe it was the tube, maybe someone fed it the wrong voltage. You can get similar and much more diverse tones with the newer, tubeless Palladium pedal, though.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I own the Twin Tube Blue and I love it. You could find another Twin Tube Classic and see that it doesn't have the same issue. I have heard good things about the Palladium.

Comment

Working...
        X