Xotic BB Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xotic BB Preamp

The semi-local Music Go Round has a BB Preamp for $99. Would it be a good mate for a Super Reverb? I've read nothing but good things about them in general. I'm looking for more gain than my Green Rhino, but not modern metal or anything.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Xotic BB Preamp

yep. Ive got all three of the xotic (rc,ac,bb) boosters.
    The BB is the closest one to a primary dirt generator of the three (the other two being clean or tube screamerish).
    Sounds great thru my princeton and twin, so i can only guess it would sound super through a super. Yes it has more gain than the other two and it is also less compressed feeling than a rhino (another tube screamer) or the AC boost. It's dirt reminds me a lot of a Jtm type marshall if you use the pedal thru a fender amp (ive got a jtm clone too). It is a really gutsy, touch sensitive and organic dirtbox.
    TBO i love all three of those pedals. They are all great at what they do.
    Definitely worth spending the 99 (and then keep your eye out for a good price on the RC and AC)
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 12-27-2016, 04:19 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Thanks, man. I'm looking for something in the general direction of Gary Moore or Joe Bonamassa, but really just something versatile that sounds cool. Sounds like the BB should do that.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        so i can only guess it would sound super through a super.
        I see what you did there

Comment

The BB is the only one of the three I haven't tried and it's the one I want to the most. You rarely see them used for under $125 ,so I'd grab that for sure.

Comment

That is a steal, definitely do it! It's an incredibly diverse pedal and one of the few overdrives I still keep around and use!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks, guys. That's what I wanted to hear.

Comment

That is a great deal on a BB, and if it doesn't give you what you are looking it will be easy to flip and get your $ back.

If it doesn't give you what you are looking for, you might try an old Marshall Guv'nor, you can get a clone kit from GGG for $60.

Comment

... and being a god-danged adult just killed my pedal fund. Hopefully it's still there in a couple weeks.

Comment

Hate when that happens....

Comment

Working...
                    X