Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS RC-3 / question about signal chain

Hey there, first post here!

So, I bought a Boss RC-3 last week and because I'm a total noob with loopers (this is my first looper pedal) I just wanted some help with the correct signal chain. For the record, I have a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W and I know that the amp has a looper, but I don't have the footswitch and I wanted a pedal for the job.

What I was trying to do was to create a clean loop and then play something over with the amp's distortion. Problem is, the looper is affected with anything that I put in the chain. I was reading that I'm supposed to run the loop pedal through the effects loop of my amp? But I don't think I have that with this Vypyr.

What do I need to do/buy/steal to be able to create loops that aren't affected by the channel that the amp is set to?

Thanks.

Re: BOSS RC-3 / question about signal chain

The only three options are:
    -record clean then use a distortion pedal for distortion over it
    -get a looper that will output the "loop" to a second destination (and send that to a clean amp)
    -get an amp with an Effects Loop

Unfortunately I don't see any other way.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Re: BOSS RC-3 / question about signal chain

You either need an effects loop, or a distortion pedal before the looper, and use your amp's clean channel. Other than running your looper into another amp, there isn't a way to do this.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X