GT8 amp control with TM18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT8 amp control with TM18

I really like the tones i get with the distortion on the board mixed with the dirty channel on the amp and would like to use the amp control feature to switch amp channels when i switch channels on the board.
    however, the amp takes a 2 channel foot switch. one for the channel and one for the lead boost. but the gt8 only has a single channel output for the amp control
    this means that i can switch the channels but the lead boost is always on. mind you i only have a mono 1/4'' cable. i would like to know if i had a stereo cable if the lead boost wouldnt activate or if there is something i can do to a cable so that the lead channel doesnt engage.

any ideas?

thanks
    guitars suck

Re: GT8 amp control with TM18

A mono cable is apparently shorting the conductors to turn on the lead boost, try a TRS cable so it keeps the contacts separate.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      A mono cable is apparently shorting the conductors to turn on the lead boost, try a TRS cable so it keeps the contacts separate.
      ill try that
      guitars suck

Comment

Boss screwed up when they made the GT8 GT10 and even the GT100. The amp control is mono so thats all it can do. Using a TRS cable will separate the leads but will not give you the second switch you need and want.
        If you want lead boost, I suggest coping a patch to another one and then increase the output level to what you need to boost. This is how I did it and I have owned all 3 boards. I was hoping for a TRS output for the amp contorl but for some reason Boss thinks most will use everything out front of a clean amp. Stupid if you ask me.

Comment

If I read the OP correctly, he only wants to get it to switch the channels. But I agree, it would be nice to be able to switch both!

Comment

hey guys!
            so after reading your posts and doing some other research i found that the solution was to get a stereo 1/4'' splitter and then run a mono 1/4'' from the appropriate side. oddly enough the switch is backwards.
            "off" on gt8 = gain channel on
            "on" on gt8 = gain channel off
            thanks for your help!!!
            guitars suck

Comment

Working...
            X