banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you stack with a Bluesbreaker V1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you stack with a Bluesbreaker V1?

My King of Tone copy I was hoping to have built fell through and along with my deposit being refunded I was also given the PCB's.

I decided rather than a KoT I'd like to do something different and pair a more or less straight up Bluesbreaker clone with a high gain/distortion circuit... Considering a Guv'nor, but think this may turn out too similar to the Truetone Jeckyl and Hyde... Maybe a big muff? A suhr riot? OCD?

What higher gain circuits pair well with a Bluesbreaker in your own experience?

Re: What would you stack with a Bluesbreaker V1?

I don't have a bluesbreaker but the KOT stacks with everything. I use it with everything from a Ge Fuzz Face to a Tube Screamer to a Katana Boost. I bet a straight up Distortion like a Rat would work well too.

I think a tweaked TS into B.B. is a killer single pedal though.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

In my experience with the King Klon's KoT side, yeah, I haven't seen it not stack well yet.

Maybe I should just find a circuit I really love the sound of and take a risk on it. Worst case, if I don't like the result, I can rehouse it and build another circuit to go into the dual enclosure.

Comment

A Rat might work, but I already have a really good Rat clone. It's definitely going to be Fuzz or Distortion... Or at least a more gainier overdrive like a Guvnor.

The company the pcb's came from has all sorts of suggestions for mods on the basic circuits to morph them into the boutique models that were based on them... Or to select a combination of mods from them to get something a bit different.

Comment

I guess everyone, including me, has found PFDarkside's response to be pretty conclusive. No other suggestions of things to check out in terms of stacking with a BluesBreaker V1 circuit?

I'm planning to build this into a dual pedal, so before or after the BB would be good info too, unless I can figure out how TrueTone manages to wire up their optional separate inputs and outputs and find an enclosure large enough to top mount all the jacks.

Comment

Guv'nors are cool, more distortion than overdrive IMO and based on the circuit, I usually consider a pedal an OD when the clipping diodes are in the feedback loop of the opamp and a distortion when they are on the output. I think the BB into a Guv'nor would give some great amp-like tones.

Comment

My OCD clone stacks pretty well with my Bluesbreaker clone.
              Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                Guv'nors are cool, more distortion than overdrive IMO and based on the circuit, I usually consider a pedal an OD when the clipping diodes are in the feedback loop of the opamp and a distortion when they are on the output. I think the BB into a Guv'nor would give some great amp-like tones.
                I am kinda leaning that way... The OCD sounds like an interesting alternative option.

I have 2 BB pcb's so I'm thinking maybe I should build one as a standalone pedal and use it to figure out what I like best for stacking and then build the dual pedal.

Comment

Working...
                X