Rangemaster style pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangemaster style pedals

Looking for opinions on Dallas Rangemaster/treble booster type pedals. Probably want to stay with the germanium based clones; interested in any experiences with different builders.

Have listened to some clips, etc. from Keeley Java Boost (now discontinued), 65 amps color boost, beano boost, and a couple others.

I get the sense that these types of pedals lost favor to tube screamers at some point but there must be some differences in how they operate and sound.

sigpic

Re: Rangemaster style pedals

Keeley Katana with the volume knob in the "out" position.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

They boost high mids. Best used with an amp that is already being pushed hard. Especially dark amps. Tube Screamers are warmer sounding, but if you want that bright 60's or 70's overdriven lead sound, these are a good way to get it.

I have one I got from a local builder that is based on the treble boost Brian May uses.

Comment

I've got a Beano, you definitely need the appropriate amp to use it with.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i dont like them into clean amps at all. however if you have your amp cranked then they can do beautiful things!

Comment

Working...
          X