banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital delay with tap tempo, mix and level (wet only)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital delay with tap tempo, mix and level (wet only)?

I run delay in parallel so I'm looking for digital delay with tap tempo that can do wet only and also has a volume control (most pedals only have blend).

It won't get a ton of use (it's a secondary pedal) so I'm thinking about $100ish used and ideally not huge.

Something like the Andromeda, while great, is overkill for this application. Something like a DD7 but with an overall volume knob would be ideal.

So far I've only found the TC Flashback mini, which can be programmed, but there must be something else out there.

Or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Digital delay with tap tempo, mix and level (wet only)?

Any particular reason you don't want to use the Flashback?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Digital delay with tap tempo, mix and level (wet only)?

Originally posted by Coma View Post
      Any particular reason you don't want to use the Flashback?
      Good question. I might end up with the mini but most digital delays give you many modes (which comes in particularly handy for a secondary delay) but with the mini I would be stuck with one.

Not the end of the world but not ideal. While flashing the pedal with toneprints between songs is theoretically possible, it's less than ideal live and to do wet only I would actually need a computer to do it, not just the phone.

Last edited by Blille; 03-07-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Perhaps a used DL4? Outside of the Andromeda and Vapor Trail, it is my favorite delay.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I happened to come across an instrucitonal video for the Flashback just last night and if you tweak the toneprint settings using the computer software, you can apparently tweak it so it sends out wet signal only. Not sure if it also applies to the mini, since the video is probably older than the pedal

Check it out, it might help
          Tore guides you through all features of the TonePrint Editor...
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Perhaps a used DL4? Outside of the Andromeda and Vapor Trail, it is my favorite delay.
            Thabks. It's a great pedal but I don't think you can set it up the way I described.

Originally posted by Coma View Post
            I happened to come across an instrucitonal video for the Flashback just last night and if you tweak the toneprint settings using the computer software, you can apparently tweak it so it sends out wet signal only. Not sure if it also applies to the mini, since the video is probably older than the pedal

Check it out, it might help
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65T6jEQad9E
            Thanks! Yes that's exactly what I will need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
              I run delay in parallel so I'm looking for digital delay with tap tempo that can do wet only and also has a volume control (most pedals only have blend).

It won't get a ton of use (it's a secondary pedal) so I'm thinking about $100ish used and ideally not huge.

Something like the Andromeda, while great, is overkill for this application. Something like a DD7 but with an overall volume knob would be ideal.

So far I've only found the TC Flashback mini, which can be programmed, but there must be something else out there.

Or not?

Is the regular Flashback off the table? It's a great pedal.

Comment

There are several used Flashbacks out on Reverb in your price range. Here's one:

TC Electronic Flashback delay and looper
                The TC Electronic Flashback Delay can be the only delay pedal you need on your board. Shop new & used TC Electronic Flashback Delay pedals on Reverb.com

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                  There are several used Flashbacks out on Reverb in your price range. Here's one:

TC Electronic Flashback delay and looper
                  The TC Electronic Flashback Delay can be the only delay pedal you need on your board. Shop new & used TC Electronic Flashback Delay pedals on Reverb.com

Thanks. It is but in dry kill mode it kills the dry signal also in bypass so that doesn't work for me given that I'll run it after another delay.

The only way it could work is if I used the toneprint as a bypass

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                    Thanks. It is but in dry kill mode it kills the dry signal also in bypass so that doesn't work for me given that I'll run it after another delay.

The only way it could work is if I used the toneprint as a bypass

Got it. Possible to use something like the Xotic X-Blender, I guess - though it adds an extra pedal and lots of $$$. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                      Got it. Possible to use something like the Xotic X-Blender, I guess - though it adds an extra pedal and lots of $$$. Best of luck.
                      Thanks. I was trying to avoid adding a mixer.

I currently have a Deluxe Memory Boy there, which has tap tempo, blend and gain but I almost never use it since I prefer the DMM.

I thought I would use it more if it were a digital delay but I may just try a tape delay (Boost DLA, Wampler Faux tape) since it seems that a digital delay like this is hard to find for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X