banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pedal (FuzzFace or BigMuff) is better for a Gilmour tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danny458
    replied
    Re: Which pedal (FuzzFace or BigMuff) is better for a Gilmour tone?

Thank's so much for the replies guys, really helpful

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

Gilmour replaced his Univibe with a Phase 90 around Wish You Were Here, so it won't be exact but should at least be usable. For a fuzz pedal, I'd take a Muff over a Fuzz Face as the latter really can't do the super-saturated sound that you'd need for Comfortably Numb. What I like to do is run a Big Muff about as clean as it'll still sound decent on its own, and that should be close enough to a Fuzz Face to be usable for Money. When it's time for Comfortably Numb, slam the 'Muff with a Tube Screamer with the volume all the way up and drive about 10 o'clock. Set the tone on the TS to taste.

Gilmour himself has used a similar setup since the early 80s, except he boosts his Big Muff with a rack-mounted Chandler Tube Driver.

Leave a comment:

• DavidRavenMoon
    replied

I'd get a Muff. Maybe one of the newer ones with more options. And a Phase 95 should work great. You can hear phaser on Have a Cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jayylmao
    replied

Interested in this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Which pedal (FuzzFace or BigMuff) is better for a Gilmour tone?

Hey all,

I am aware that he used the fuzz face on every album up until the wall. I don't want to buy both but I just want to be able to get a sound that can sound like the solo from Money, as well as songs like comfortably numb etc. I've heard the muff is a lot more versatile but I'm not really sure. Another thing I wanted to ask was, can i use a phase 95 to recreate the sound from any colour you like's solo? I know it used a univibe but will a phaser cover it well?
Working...
X