Guys with big pedal boards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys with big pedal boards.

Guys with big pedal boards. Do you run your chain straight into the amp or do you put some in the loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    guitars suck

Re: Guys with big pedal boards.

Depends if I'm using amp distortion or not. Loops and pedals are finicky, so most of the time I setup a big clean sound and run everything into the front of the amp.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by jayylmao View Post
      Guys with big pedal boards. Do you run your chain straight into the amp or do you put some in the loop

Yeah, it's really an "it depends" answer. The factors:

1) how much preamp gain/distortion I'm using as the base tone

2) the quality of the effects loop - they're not all created equal

3) which pedals I'm using - some prefer going into the front, some into the loop

I use my main board, which is pretty stable now, in both ways depending on amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Depends if I'm using amp distortion or not. Loops and pedals are finicky, so most of the time I setup a big clean sound and run everything into the front of the amp.
        +1

Comment

After a ton of tedious trial & error and trying multiple combinations and variations, I have compression, wah, phaser, overdrive, and distortion before the amp, and chorus, tremolo, and delay in the effects loop.

Comment

Every once in a while I get a wild hair up my butt to try putting some of my effects into the loop, but I always come back to running into the front. Even if I like it, I generally don't find that it's enough difference to warrant the extra PIA involved to have two ins and outs to deal with on my board.

To be fair though, I have to admit that I only use the clean channel on my amp, so I don't really have a need for getting some of my effects "behind" the amp's power section.

Originally posted by The Commodores?
            "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Since I started using the SMT SS11a preamp, I run my Xotic compressor and EHX Soul Food into the front of the AMT. I then run my Tech 21 DLA, TC HOF, Neunaber Expasnse, and Zoom MG-50 through the AMT effects loop. Then I run the AMT to my TC Polytone and Mooer Micro Looper into the effects loop return on my Katana head.
              Works in my setup.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently talked to a guy who stapled velcro to the inside top of his amp, so he could attach his MXR Carbon Copy delay, patched to the in/out.

I'd thought of it before, but would usually just sit mine on top of the amp.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Before the amp: preamp, compressor, tuner, distortion, wah, chorus, phasor.

In the loop: Boss Pitch Shifter/Harmonizer, delay one, delay two. (Will possibly add a tremolo pedal and a vibe pedal to loop.)

The Mesa amps have really good loops; the Mark IV and the Mark V are switchable.

Bill
                  When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

The effects loop on my Jubilee is really temperamental, so I run everything in front. I haven't tried on the mini yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it worked similarly. I'm going to stick with what I have now because I'd like to be able to use the same board with either head.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                    X