Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitter suggestions

What I need:
    Suggestions on the best way to split my signal to run to my lead singer's voicelive 2 for some of the extra harmony parts.

What I use:
    Wireless to my board, then use a pedal snake for running to the amp, then the loop back to my board for the chorus and delay, then back to the amp. It's a 4 line snake and I use one line back to the amp, one line for the loop, TRS cables at each end one for pedal power. That leaves one line free. I do have an old Morley ABY, but that results in a some lost signal strength when both sides are engaged.

My thoughts:
    A. Run a buffered splitter with one side going to his voicelive 2 and one going through my normal signal path. (would need to buy a buffered splitter, but that isn't a deal breaker)
    B. Running out the slave out of my amp, back through the snake, then an extension to his voicelive 2. (I think I have all of the parts but seems like more connections to make, and potential stuff to misplace, at a gig)

Re: Splitter suggestions

Is his VoiceLive at front of stage? (Sounds like it, but want to check)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, second question - what part of your signal do you want to go to the VoiceLive? Preamp out, or Loop return?

Comment

It's front of stage and uses the guitar signal to determine the key and generate harmony for the lead vocal

Comment

OK. So if it's just getting key of song/chords from guitar, and not treating/ sending that signal onwards, then you want as clean a signal as possible. That means splitting at the start of your chain.

If it were me, I would try a passive splitter immediately after your wireless receiver and send one side to your pedals, the other to VoiceLive. There should be enough signal output from the wireless to not need a buffered splitter.

The only thing to really look for on the splitter is that it has a ground lift (just in case - as the VoiceLive isn't amplifying/sending guitar signal, I don't think you'll run into isolation issues)

Comment

Working...
          X