Simplest pedal board challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplest pedal board challenge

I wanted to build a simple pedal board with the stipulation that it had to be made of materials laying around my garage.

This is what I came up with.

It should hold a wah and 6 effects comfortably, but I'm only going to have a wah and 5 for now.

Re: Simplest pedal board challenge

What you could do is add a second shelf on the upper half, cut just short of the space occupied by the wah. That way, hitting the second row of pedals will be much easier.

Skickat från min HTC One M8s via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coma; 06-24-2017, 09:43 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

I thought about that, but gonna try one level at first. Not sure if it needs a bottom piece yet but I think it might be nice to get the cords off the ground since my aim was to have as much wiring as possible go down the spaces between the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
        What you could do is add a second shelf on the upper half, cut just short of the space occupied by the way. That way, hitting the second row of pedals will be much easier.

Skickat från min HTC One M8s via Tapatalk
        That's where I like having a loop switcher at the bottom of my board, no reaching over anything else.

Comment

my small board is literally just a board with some pedals on it

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            my small board is literally just a board with some pedals on it
            I may go that route, lol. I can see how this pedal board thing can be a slippery slope. To work with a daisy chain and pedals from various manufacturers with different locations for the power jack, it gets a bit tricky to place them in the order that I'd actually want them. And I haven't even connected anything with the patch cords yet. I can see that I'd also need some type of alternate input type jack or adapter where my guitar would plug in somewhere off (or below) the board.

For now I may just use it as a platform for 2-3 pedals since the daisy chain is pretty limiting on what I can do.

I went ahead and attached a bottom piece. For giggles I was able to at least connect power to all of them [the wah would be on a battery in this layout]:

My goal was to have these to play with:
            - OD/boost (to add to the amp's gain)
            - fuzz
            - wah
            - EQ (either tone shaping or as a clean boost)
            - distortion (as in it would replace an amp's onboard gain channel)
            - delay

The OD, fuzz, and distortion would rotate b/w a few that I use.

I'm not big on putting velcro on my pedals so doubt I'll hold them down w/anything aside from gravity.

Question: would I lose any signal if I made an input cord/adapter that had a female 1/4 end and a male 1/4 pancake end that I could use to plug into the whole shebang?
            Last edited by DankStar; 06-18-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Simplest pedalboard? No pedals at all 😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1745.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	5800753

Comment

Dig it nubie! I kinda miss the little Dan Electro pedals I had.

Comment

I've used a cutting board before. It was stained red from cutting up fruit years ago, but it looked like blood.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think I'm just going to use female couplers to go to and from the board and tap into right angle cords.

I believe I'll be able to work with the layout even though the order may not be the same as the signal chain.

In hindsight, I should have just gone with the OneSpot full package deal since that came with a daisy chain with right angles. Saved a few bucks getting a daisy chain off ebay but shot myself in the foot on that one.

Comment

Boss FV-500H -> Garage Tone Phaser (Visual Sound) -> EHX Chorus -> EHX Holy Grail

I'm strongly considering about ditching the phaser, as I don't really find use for it. (BTW: It has really great buffer. I actually thought it to be true bypass, until I once forgot to turn on power supply...)
                        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                          Boss FV-500H -> Garage Tone Phaser (Visual Sound) -> EHX Chorus -> EHX Holy Grail

I'm strongly considering about ditching the phaser, as I don't really find use for it. (BTW: It has really great buffer. I actually thought it to be true bypass, until I once forgot to turn on power supply...)
                          I figured if I ever added something it'd be a phaser or a chorus. Probably an MXR chorus. Does your EHX chorus sound good w/clean and dirty stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                            I figured if I ever added something it'd be a phaser or a chorus. Probably an MXR chorus. Does your EHX chorus sound good w/clean and dirty stuff?
                            Really good for both. Clean is absolutely beautiful, and it gets very nice compressed "dirty scream" in front of overdriven amp. It's weakest link in it might be when you're just on the edge of break up: It can get messy, not badly, but slightly.

But I don't have fx loop, so I can't say how it would work there.
                            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I'd set the Way on the floor, and use one board to angle the board for the rest.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X