Concord utility buffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concord utility buffer?

Emerson Custom crafts the finest quality effects pedals and prewired kits for guitars. Old school American craftsmanship and attention to detail is our mission.

Anyone have one of these? Is it placebo/or does it work?

Seems like something I'd be interested in forking even with my paltry setup (I'm usually a sucker for this kinda thing)

Re: Concord utility buffer?

You know, I got about 350 in PP money right now, I think I'm gonna go for it. It's not expensive by most peoples standards and it's returnable (shrug)

Comment

It's a buffer... I'd get a Mini Spark Booster, at unity it's a buffer, AND you can use it as a boost!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That looks cool, but for my setup another gain-stage is unimportant.

Did you see the viddy? Plus I've got a crush on Emerson right now

Comment

Emerson is really good at selling paper in oil caps.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If you have enough pedals to need a buffer you'll likely already have enough pedals with buffers.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Emerson is really good at selling paper in oil caps.
              Haters gonna hate

I hear ya though. I've just had really good luck with their stuff so far.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                If you have enough pedals to need a buffer you'll likely already have enough pedals with buffers.
                For me I'm looking to recapture any signal I can. I'm just a few pedals into soundcard. Prolly not necessary but I thought that the vid did a good job of showing and sounding what was not quite right.

Comment

I'm so dense:

"No internal battery option"

Well, I really need to get a "kit" to take care of those needs, but that isn't what I'm looking at right now. Meh, feel like I've trolled ya lot ....

Comment

Originally posted by toowrongfoo View Post
                    I'm so dense:

"No internal battery option"

Well, I really need to get a "kit" to take care of those needs, but that isn't what I'm looking at right now. Meh, feel like I've trolled ya lot ....
                    Are any of your existing pedals buffered bypass? Or are they all true bypass? Are any of them always on? You may have just saved yourself some money that you didn't need to spend.

Comment

Have no clue. I'm just always looking at things that might improve the signal quality. This is a miss since it doesn't even have the option of battery power*

*Right now I have two pedals and a grand total of less than 20 ft cables. It might be awesome, or it might be lame. Since I cannot test it w/o buying a power supply, I see no point. I should have paid closer attention, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        It's a buffer... I'd get a Mini Spark Booster, at unity it's a buffer, AND you can use it as a boost!
                        I believe only the full size Spark has a buffer - but correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by stratguy23 View Post
                          I believe only the full size Spark has a buffer - but correct me if I'm wrong.
                          That might be true but I think PF was suggesting it be used as an always on buffer and adjusted to unity volume/gain if no boost was desired with the bonus being that it can also be used as a boost.

Comment

Working...
                          X