Pedal power wires needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal power wires needed..

Im sorry for the vagueness, but cant for the life of me think exactly what they are called.. First, I got a MXR power block for my board. It was preowned and is short one of the wires that goes from the unit to the pedal.

So.. Im A) wondering where a good and inexpensive source would be to get a couple of spares.
    AND.. More importantly, where can I source one that will power 2 or 3 pedals from one port?

I know True Tone(?) (cant think of the name again.. they make the one spot) Makes a daisy chain, but really didnt want one with that many connections. Ive checked Amazon and found some, but alot of the ones on there, the reviews say they are cheaply made. This isnt rocket science I guess, so if those are ok, then fine.. Just wanting to be sure. Im trying to get the board right. I do know that the cables are prolly going to be set and forget, so they wont be bent and twisted alot. As I said, wanting to get it done right once and for all.
    Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Pedal power wires needed..

You can make your own daisy chain if you only need a few. If you bought 3 cables, one to replace the missing one and then use the other 2 to make a daisy chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    guitars suck

Comment

Ya you can daisy chain. Or do it off a boss Tu or ns. Also, is yours the DC Brick with the barrel ends that plug into the Brick or the 1/8th" connector?
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Check the TrueTone or Godlyke websites for those. I think Boss is making one now, too. I buy mine on Ebay.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Check the TrueTone or Godlyke websites for those. I think Boss is making one now, too. I buy mine on Ebay.
          Thanks! Yeah, I have a True Tone one, but it has about 10 connections on it. trying to find something with just a couple to keep things uncluttered.
          Checked ebay and think Im good. Thanks. Funny, always used Ebay as my go to, but then discovered Amazon.. however, Some stuff is more sketchy since it covers every corner of the globe. Ebay has what I need. Gonna get a 3 port
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Just for the record, I asked at GC and they said the MXR unit requires a specific cable and that the standard ones they sell wont work right..
            Always take anything Im told there with a grain of salt, but he had pulled some off their display and said they wont work, so kinda believe em cuz they passed up making a quick sale.. Anyhow, I pulled one from my old unit as the polarity is the same.. Also, i did daisy chain 2 pedals. I just have to do some more research to make sure the MA ratings are within the limits of the port.. Thanks guys

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X