banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commissioned a custom clone build last week. NPD pending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commissioned a custom clone build last week. NPD pending.

Compared to a Klon type OD, while very different in terms of the character of their dirt, I find the slight bump in the lower mids to be similar.

If I was looking for a pedal to use purely as a clean boost, I'd probably favour a Klon, but the dirt of the KOT is more appealing.

Btw, Klon circuits stack really well with Bluesbreaker based pedals like the KOT. I especially like how my King Klon has the Klone side going into the KOT (or more correctly, POT since it's 1/2 a KOT). With the gain above 1/2 way on the KOT side and the Klone as a clean boost, it can take you from a warm crunch to thick slabs of singing lead tone.

Comment

Finally, it's here. Now hopefully work will leave me alone tomorrow so I can try it.

Comment

OMG, it sounds amazing.

The difference between the various Diodes is mostly a subtle change in texture, but it's noticeable. Especially on the high gain side where the alternate Diode set is red LED's.

I just might still get the original when my name comes up, maybe get some of the features I didn't get with this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	5801426

Comment

Working...
        X