power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power supply

ok so im getting a mooer micro preamp 002 soon and i need to know if i need a new power supply for it. all of my pedals i normally use run on batteries so it will be only thing plugged in to my current power supply. the preamp says:
    9V, 300mA
    (+)--(o--(-)

my current supply says:
    9.6V 300mA
    (+)--(o--(-)

so does the .6 make a difference or will it be safe to use? asking mainly because the mooer micro preamp cant use batteries
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Re: power supply

Your 9.6v supply should be fine. A brand new 9 volt battery can be closer to 10 volts than 9 volts.

Comment

I would worry more about the current draw. Looks like the pedal has a 300mA draw & your power supply has a max(?) rating of 300mA. It may overheat & shutdown itself after a while of use or it could fry itself too, can't say for sure. I would suggest searching online for a new 9V 500mA power supply with correct polarity or get a 1spot.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to get a higher capacity supply but I suspect that the 300ma spec. of the pedal is overstated and a supply that can provide 300ma will cover it. If the supply isn't overrated, I think it will be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X