banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EHX Soul Preacher not working with EMG pickups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Soul Preacher not working with EMG pickups.

I had not used this pedal in some time. I tried it with my Jackson with 81 and 85 in it and did not work. Sound came through when the pedal was off and when I turned it on the pedal went mute. No signal was passing the pedal. Then tried the pedal with my Epi sg and it worked fine. Tried it with my other guitars and there were no problems. Could someone explain it to me why this pedal won't work with my Jackson. There's nothing wrong with my Jackson when I use it with other pedals.

Re: EHX Soul Preacher not working with EMG pickups.

I'm curious about this also,,,,,,maybe an impedance issue?

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      I'm curious about this also,,,,,,maybe an impedance issue?
      It could well be. I've found that most EHX pedals I've tried are inmensely picky about what goes into them. Things like output, boosts before them, etc, really change the outcome.
      I prefer to call it "character".

With that said, the situation the OP is facing is kinda radical, right? No clue about it.
      Last edited by Diego; 08-21-2017, 05:33 PM.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
        It could well be. I've found that most EHX pedals I've tried are inmensely picky about what goes into them. Things like output, boosts before them, etc, really change the outcome.
        I prefer to call it "character".

With that said, the situation the OP is facing is kinda radical, right? No clue about it.
        Just to clarify further I was just using the guitar through the pedal to the amp. No other pedals to confuse the signal. I wasn't looking for more sustain from the Emgs. I was just checking out that the pedal worked since I had not used the pedal in some time.

Comment

Working...
        X