Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Waza Analog Delay

Hey guys,
    WOW what a pedal. There is such a difference in overall sound quality from digital delay to analog delay. Now it might not be for everyone especially if your not an old school player like myself. The delay is warm and soft. The repeats echo away like they did when I started playing. It really took me back to the early 80's and how delay sounded back then. Nothing like todays pedals like the Boss DD-7 or the Flashback I own currently.
    I did however mess around with the MXR Carbon copy and I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the Boss Waza delay. Not to mention the Carbon copy darkens up your overall tone on or off. It's like it doesn't have any buffer circuit and it's designed to be out front and not in an effects loop. Strange but I'm not into the Carbon copy. Maybe if I had an overly bright rig, the Carbon copy could help deuce the high end.

If you like analog delay , real analog delay you must check out the Boss Waza craft analog Delay pedal. It's fantastic and I'm way into simple. Yeah using it you give up all the cool features that the Flashback has, which it has a ton especially with Toneprint but I think I'm more of a analog delay guy over a digital delay and I love me some digital delay. Without having the analog delay the Digital is simply wonderful. The DD-7 and the Flashback are both outstanding pedals. But taking me back to the 80's and having the most simple way of using delay is kinda awesome. I set it and forget it. The Flashback I want to play with it as it has so many features, same goes with the Boss DD-7.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	5845153

Re: Boss Waza Analog Delay

i already have a few nice analog delays but i like the waza a lot. if i decide to get another analog delay its on the short list

Comment

Which ones do you have and what do you like about them?
      I was disappointed in the Carbon Copy.
      I'd like to bring home a vapor trail as that one gets really good reviews.

Comment

I have two deja vu, a vapor trail and a maxon ad9. I borrowed a retrosonic which is based off the old boss and it was great. Different flavor than the maxon but very cool as well.

Comment

Boss Waza Analog Delay

I'm a loyal Deluxe Memory Man user. But I really like the DM-2, particularly for slapback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Carbon Copy, but if I get another delay, there's at least a 50% chase it will be a DM-2w.
            Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              I have two deja vu, a vapor trail and a maxon ad9. I borrowed a retrosonic which is based off the old boss and it was great. Different flavor than the maxon but very cool as well.
              The Retro-Sonic delay is pretty cool. Slight hijack, his Chorus pedal is amazing. I own his phaser and it's a treat as well.

Back to delays...glad your digging the DM-2w! The DM is great but having the switch to get the extra delay times is a HUGE plus. If I didn't have a CC this would be there instead. I get what you mean by the CC being dark too (probably why they came out with the bright version) but for my rig -when its in there- it's nice as its a bright rig to begin with.
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I'd love to try the Waza series, DM-2w, SD-1w, BD-2w & CE-2w could be a sweet little board.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Man, we have so many good choices of delay these days...almost getting like drive pedals. While I love the sounds of a Vapor Trail & Andromeda, I used a Boss for years. Good to hear they are still putting out great stuff.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    I'd love to try the Waza series, DM-2w, SD-1w, BD-2w & CE-2w could be a sweet little board.
                    I'm slowly starting to replace TCE pedals with Waza Craft Models. Nothing wrong with TCE pedals but I just prefer the sound of the Boss Waza series. They are pretty fantastic. The CE-2W is probably the very best sounding chorus pedal I have ever used and I have had many including the latest TCE Special Edition Black Chorus pedal which was very cool until I heard the CE-2W which simply for me was golden. Again it just has a flavor I grew up on and really is a sweet delay.
                    The more I went with more options and features the more I favor simple and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Man, we have so many good choices of delay these days...almost getting like drive pedals. While I love the sounds of a Vapor Trail & Andromeda, I used a Boss for years. Good to hear they are still putting out great stuff.
                      Boss Pedals never IMO took a turn for the worse. They just suck at amp modeling IMO anyway. I think they get close on multi effects but they don't hold a candle to the stand alone pedals especially the Waza line so far.

I heard so many good things about the Vapor Trail I think I may end up just picking one up and test driving it on my board. I just re installed my Flashback next to the Waza analog Delay and it's nice to have 2 choices of Delay available even though the Waza setup as I have it works for basically everything I do.
                      Last edited by mantis; 08-25-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I still love the Boss DD-3. That said - I also have a AD-9....

But I have never heard a bad word about the WAZA
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Here you go Ace: Money Grab.

Sorry, that was two.

I can understand a price hike if they reissued their discontinued VCO used in the VB-2, but not this other nonsense.

Full disclosure: I have (and have had) more pedals by Boss than any other brand but I don't understand the fanaticism. I was never a fan of the DM-2 and think all their dirt pedals have a cold metallic sound to them.
                          Last edited by gregory; 08-26-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            I still love the Boss DD-3. That said - I also have a AD-9....

But I have never heard a bad word about the WAZA
                            There's really nothing bad about it. It's analog, its warm ,it's very easy to dial in, it does exactly what it's supposed to do and has a Custom feature setting. What more could anyone want out of a analog delay pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by gregory View Post
                              Here you go Ace: Money Grab.

Sorry, that was two.

I can understand a price hike if they reissued their discontinued VCO used in the VB-2, but not this other nonsense.

Full disclosure: I have (and have had) more pedals by Boss than any other brand but I don't understand the fanaticism. I was never a fan of the DM-2 and think all their dirt pedals have a cold metallic sound to them.
                              I'm assuming you haven't tried the Waza Blues Driver? I get very good tones out of that pedal and even better when I boost it with a Spark booster. I run those 2 pedals in front of my clean channel.
                              I gotta assume you prefer digital delay? I like both.

Comment

Working...
                              X